Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Anyone have this home gym? Reviews/opinions needed please

We are possibly buying this home gym today...

gym_zps5f3c8d9b.jpg

Features:
Lat bar
High pulley system
Backrest
Butterfly Arms
VKR Arms
Press Arm
Dual weight stacks
Leg Lever
Leg press plate
Military Press Arm

I want to to start doing more strength training with weight and my husband is now joining me in this lifestyle change and he wants a home gym. We really are not gym membership type people, we want to build our own home gym in the basement so we can work out together. I'm just looking for some reviews/opinions on this style of home gym. I've done a search but haven't really found the topics that answer my questions. :smile: Thanks in advance!

Replies

• fruitloop2
    fruitloop2 Posts: 437 Member
    anyone?

Also, for those with this style of machine, what routines do you use? I don't think there is a exercise chart with it anymore so we're not sure what exercises can be done to utilize the machine fully.
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    It's as useful as the person using it.
    You have here a tool that will work as well as it's worked.
    Or a good clothes hanger....
  • whitleynoel
    whitleynoel Posts: 198 Member
    It's as useful as the person using it.
    You have here a tool that will work as well as it's worked.
    Or a good clothes hanger....

We need a like button on MFP... this!

We have a treadmill, a recumbant bike, fitness tapes and such at our house. Hand weights still work well, you don't need big equipment to strength train. I add weights/weighted vest while running and add extra weight to other execises too. My boyfriend does the same. His version of a "pushup" is either while he is in a handstand or while wearing a 25 lb weighted vest and holding 25 lb dumbells that he lifts after each rep.
  • tbear60
    tbear60 Posts: 16
    Agreed, it is only good if you actually use it. We have one older but much like this one you are showing in our basement and it almost never gets used. I find just a bench and my free weights get used more and take up less room. I also have a treadmill and elliptical that I use more than the weight machine. Partly due to the weight machine being in our icky basement and the other items are on our main floor. You can probably google the machine you are getting and find all the different things you can do with it and as for setting up a routine on it, I would google that too. I do like the old weights this one has instead of the rubber band things. To me, it is easier to pull the pin and pick a new place on it than to undo the cable things and all. Besides, the up and down changing pins is 1/2 the workout. LOL
  • I have this in my home but from a different company. We have an elliptical, treadmill, bench, etc. We make our rounds in the morning to each machine. I want to be able to do cardio and strength training, so it it works great for our routine. If you know you're not going to use it as a clothes hanger then go for it! :0)
  • YoYo1951
    YoYo1951 Posts: 370
    I have the same thing, different brand. It has everything one could use. Very helpful, as I do not have a gym membership. The machine can do whatever you desire, it is the desire I lack when I am by myself. I love it tho. You won't be dissapointed
  • emmeylou
    emmeylou Posts: 175 Member
    I would get this.. and then get the "New Rules of Lifting" book(s) (there are many, one for women, one for life, one for abs, etc, they all rock!) to help you get started with lifting weights. I believe this has just about everything you will need (except maybe a squat rack) too!

I also ditto the people who said that they are only as effective as the people who use them... that's why I suggested the book. It gives you a place to start and a guideline to follow which should help you get into a routine.

Good luck!
  • fruitloop2
    My treadmill and small weight resistance machine is in our basement and they are definitely not being used as clothing racks, lol. I use them several times a week. The small resistance machine I have doesn't have all the things I want for lifting/strength training but I picked it up for $50 so it was a good start but I want more and with my husband wanting to join me now we need something more. This machine I posted about is used and they're asking $300 so we don't think that's a bad price for what it has. We just want to be able to get a good range of exercise from home ( from exercise videos to treadmill to weight equipment).
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    try craig's list. got ours for 100 with an old treadmill thrown in for free. new gym. never used. 300 sounds like what it cost brand new to me. I would keep shopping.
  • fruitloop2
    definitely not the price of a new where I live. It is listed on kijiji. We don't use Craigslist. It says OBO on the ad so we're gonna see if they'll take $250 for it.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    You could also see if there are some resale shops in your area, I mean the ones that specialize in selling fitness equipment.