Stuck at the same weight?!

Options
I started at 10stone and want to lose 7lbs and have lost 3lbs so far but I have been stuck at this weight for about 3 weeks! I admit I have cheated a few times where Ive had a few days of eating what I want but I have been exercising 2 or 3 times a week for 45 mins a time, whereas I used to do none. I dont know whether I need to cut my calorie intake down or what bit its really pis*in me off?!? Anyone have or had the same problem? My mum seems to think this is just my natural body weight for my height (5'6) and that it will be difficult to lose anymore?

Replies

• tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    how many calories are you eating and how much do you weigh??? You might not be eating enough calories and also are you drinking enough water
  • charlottemay
    Options
    9 stone 11 now and i am 5'6 my fitness pal says i should be eating 1200 calories a day but to be honest i havent been logging my foods everyday i have just been eating healthly, maybe i should start logging again as i have no idea the calories etc intake. hmm n no i drink water but not enough only 0.5-1L a day could that be a reason?
  • hopingtoslimdown
    Options
    I was told that as you exercise more you're building muscle which weighs more than fat, so you my not be loosing weight but should still notice a change in your body . Your clothes should feel looser and you'll probably look more toned.
  • TracyV
    TracyV Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i'm no expert...but i would definitely say drink more water, it helps your body in so many ways! i would also suggest logging your food again. Last fall I started eating healthy and trying to lose weight on my own and lost a couple pounds but not much at all...then a friend got me started on MFP in January and I've been logging everything that goes into my body every day for the last 7 weeks and I've not only learned that what i thought was "eating healthy" before wasn't quite as healthy as I thought...but i've also lost triple the weight in half the time!