Any other runners out there?!

Options

Replies

• czmmom
    czmmom Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I am a runner too! Debating running a half in May and definitely a 15 in July. Feel free to add me!
  • fitontherun
    fitontherun Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner who's finally getting her running mojo back! I'm currently training for my second half marathon. I hope some of you don't mind if I send a friend request! Feel free to add me as well!
  • ddh3808
    ddh3808 Posts: 16
    Options
    i have a newly found love for running. am signed up for my first half in may! feel free to add me!
  • speedisoverrated
    Options
    I'm not in any of the leagues of any of the serious runners in this post, but I'm moving from 5k to 10k and I'd welcome any support. Also happy to give support, but can't guarantee it will be remotely helpful Add away...
  • aj445
    aj445 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Add me to the list!! I ran my first half last year. Plan on a half, a full, and a mud run this year :) Very excited!
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Yep-bunches of us runners here on mfp. My profile isn't anywhere near as exciting as many, but feel free to read if you're bored or something.
  • runnerKVI
    runnerKVI Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    this is awesome! I'm hoping to get into atleast a couple 5K's and a 10K. Maybe a half marathon if I can get my butt into gear :) and eventually I would like to do a Tough Mudder, Spartan Race, and any other race I can find !
  • 13suzie
    13suzie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    (raising hand!)

Yep--I run! I've done Honolulu, San Diego, and Madrid Marathons. Madrid kicked my butt, but I finished!

I'm resigned to doing a half this year since I tore my knee tendon (injury not from running).

* * * Anyhow, add me if you want another runner friend! Glad to offer and receive support from another runner! * * *

I enjoy pairing my running challenges with fundraising in my brother's name. I lost my brother to leukemia so I participate in lots of Team in Training events (through Leukemia and Lymphoma Society) for support and for turning grief into action.

I'm running pretty slow these days since gaining the weight, but I know running is my key to my fit body! :)
  • 13suzie
    13suzie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    (raising hand!)

Yep--I run! I've done Honolulu, San Diego, and Madrid Marathons. Madrid kicked my butt, but I finished!

I'm resigned to doing a half this year since I tore my knee tendon (injury not from running).

* * * Anyhow, add me if you want another runner friend! Glad to offer and receive support from another runner! * * *

I enjoy pairing my running challenges with fundraising in my brother's name. I lost my brother to leukemia so I participate in lots of Team in Training events (through Leukemia and Lymphoma Society) for support and for turning grief into action.

I'm running pretty slow these days since gaining the weight, but I know running is my key to my fit body! :)

Oh, forgot to mention -- the half I am set on doing this year is the one in Washington DC sponsored by NIke. It's in April. Plenty of time to get in great shape and it's a scenic, cool course!
  • polarberry022
    polarberry022 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Me :) I am registered to run my first half marathons in the spring this year! My long run is at 8 miles right now .
  • tegantheaverage
    tegantheaverage Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me :)

I only started running last year and have done a few 5k events but I'm signed up for a 10k in March and my goal is to complete a half marathon by the end of the year.
  • saltedcaramel86
    saltedcaramel86 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Newbie runner here! I started getting into tail end of last year but life got in the way. I started the Couch to 5K this week to get into it properly. My main goal so far is take part in Race for Life.
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I've just picked running back up. Run 3-5 miles about 3 times a week. Hope to work up to running a 10k on my own once a week.
  • Mara_
    Mara_ Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I run. Started last year and did run two events (4Mile and 8.9 KM). But after the 4Mile in October I became sick and so, plus I had an anckle-injury, so I started the second of January this year again with C25K.
    Hopefully I can run the 10K by April and then in the summer I want to train my running speed and after the summer I want to train for the 21K!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Working for a half, end of march.
  • lovelyworld
    lovelyworld Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm going to get back into it soon, just waiting for the weather to get a wee bit less wintery! I love running when I do it :)

I've never ran in races, though but maybe I will in the coming months!
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    i run 10-12 miles a week and am hoping to run a consistent sub 9 minute mile sometime in 2013. anyone here who wants can add me.
  • ddh3808
    Options
    for those of you who have done 1/2's how did you get up to that distance?i bought the IPHONE app for hal higdon's 1/2 training program. Anyone do that program??
  • felipejose74
    felipejose74 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    85% of my physical activity is through running. Trying to get to 20 miles per week right now from 15, running 4-5 days. Feel free to add me. Who says you can't run from your problems?!?!
  • scrook43
    scrook43 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me, i'm a runner, although currently on the injured list. Would love to be on a running thread with fellow runners