Looking for the right post on...

muth3rluvx2
muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Meal planning "how to's". I'm sure SOMEONE has posted such inquiries and omg... there's probably 100 pages worth of posts and my searches aren't hitting what I'm looking for!

I've never ever planned meals for an entire day much less a full week. I don't know how to start this. Would someone who's been around a while please and kindly point me in the right direction, post-wise?

Thanks!

Replies

• drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    I don't plan on a weekly basis - mine is strictly day by day. I'm working right now on my tomorrow's menu. I hope someone can help you. :flowerforyou:
  • This link has some good ideas, even in the comments section. http://unclutterer.com/2008/02/20/creating-a-weekly-meal-plan/

If you google "weekly meal plan" lots of things come up, but some of them cost money.
  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    I get the grocery store flyer and my coupons out and make a list of what is on sale, next to those items, I write down if I have a coupon. Then based on what is on sale, i determine what I want to cook that week. What do I have in the house, what do I need. Then I make out a list for meals. Monday - grilled chicken, asparagus and a salad, Tuesday - turkey chili, Wednesday - broiled fish....well you get the idea. Then I post that menu on the fridge. After dinner, I look at the list and see what I need to take out of the freezer to defrost for the next day. I also try to cook bulk meals at least once a week. Tomorrow I'm making a chicken and wild rice soup. We'll have that for dinner tomorrow but then I will package up 1 & 1/2 cups (normal serving for me) into ziploc baggies and freeze them. This ensures I have something to pull out for lunches or even could pull out a few bags for a quick dinner one night. I have a low fat recipe for lasagna. It makes 12 servings. I can have 1 serving. I'll make two lasagna's and once cooled down will put 6 pieces into individual containers and freeze them. This gives me 4 meals in the freezer. When I pull one out, I get one piece, hubby gets two and that gives us three leftover for lunches. Hope this helps!
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Wow, you're organised :noway:

I've copied your post - great ideas!:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.