pasta. =[

So im having schar anellini gluten free pasta for breakfast with chicken and it's only bringing my calories up to like 440 something, but I feel so guilty about eating pasta for some reason now.
I feel like carbs are the devil and they are going to destroy progress.
Is it okay to have pasta in small amounts? I'm only having 1 and a half servings of 1/3 of a cup.
So I guess I wanna know anyones experience with carbs and dieting if they have any advice or words of wisdom.

Replies

• No food is the devil if it fits in your allowance. Yes some foods are better than others (vegetables are better than cake), but nothing is the devil if you make it fit. As for carbs being the devil, your body NEEDS carbs to function. Some people function better on low carb, some people need a higher carb diet, but avoiding carbs is crazy.

Long story short, you're allowed a serving and a half of pasta, it won't make you pile on the pounds.
  • lamby284
    lamby284 Posts: 167 Member
    I try to cut out all processed grains. Like I only eat oatmeal and ezekiel bread. If your pasta is what keeps you sane on your diet, by all means eat it! Portion control is where you have to be careful, and it sounds like you are doing good with watching how much of it you are eating. Good job and dont feel bad about carbs as long as you are kicking carbs out in other parts of your diet
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    If you're having cravings for pasta and carbs, and it makes your body feel good, and you don't end up going over your caloric target, then you're golden. That's what makes this such a great way to lose weight :-)
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Go here: http://iifym.com/
    (If it fits your macros...)

I don't cut anything out--it's about staying at my calorie goal and hitting my protein, carb, and fat macros. If I want some chips, I work it in. If I want some beer, I drink it. There's no reason to stay away from carbs...yummy, yummy carbs.
  • megd726
    megd726 Posts: 31
    Carbs are an important aspect of your diet, especially if you are exercising. They will give you fuel for the workouts. I agree with the other people who said that as long as you are watching your portion and not going over your caloric goals, you should not feel guilty at all!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    No food is "the devil", and feeling guilty about eating certain foods is a bad road to go down. If you need to cut out certain things because of medical issues, or you choose not to eat certain things because of how they make you feel physically, then fine. Don't start feeling guilty or ashamed about it though. It's just food.

Everyone finds their own way, but just for some perspective: I eat (white) pasta a couple of times a week. I eat bread (sometimes white, sometimes multigrain) nearly every day. I eat potatoes regularly too, and have chocolate nearly every day. About 45% of my diet is carbohydrates. I haven't had any problems losing weight.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    If you want a lower calorie option, try tofu shirataki noodles. Regular shirataki noodles are 0 calories, but they have a really weird taste and texture. The tofu ones are 40 calories for the whole 8oz package and taste better and have a better texture. I eat them just about every day.
  • lacey_diane
    lacey_diane Posts: 20 Member
    thanks guys =]