For the few ladies doing Best Body Bootcamp too!

Options
I thought it would be nice to have a spot for us to check in with each other. We can post times, thoughts, goals and anything else we want to. I did my fit test today and i wanted to post my scores and see where i am in a few more weeks. I don't have any energy today but i got it done anyway.
wall squat-1:17
pushups on toes-19
elbow plank-52 sec.
high knees-155(each leg counts as 1)
I'm starting the workouts on Monday and i'm excited to see where we are all at in 8 weeks. My biggest problem is my eating so i'm going to try and work on that.

Replies

• tinareale
    Options
    YAY!! Love that you started this post. And great kick off for you. I can't wait to see how everyone does over the 8 weeks too.
  • ummommyme
    ummommyme Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Bumping up for the other ladies to find the post since we start tomorrow!! Thanx Tina-I'm super excited:smile:
  • mleonards
    mleonards Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    FOund it! I am not on the message boards much since I mainly use MFP from my phone but I'll check in on you guys :)

I had to switch the days around to my program so Monday is a rest day usually since my long run days will be Sundays. But, this weekend was funky and I missed a workout so today I did 45 mins of turbokick for cross training cardio and the core workout Tina gave us. Will be doing a 3 mile run + workout A tomorrow.
  • lrbateman
    Options
    Great idea to start a thread here! Looking forward to doing my workout this evening!
  • ummommyme
    Options
    Yay, glad to see some ladies are finding our thread! Welcome and good luck this next 8 weeks.
    Mleonards-So you started before today and it sounds like you have it all figured out-Great, thanx for checking in on us.
    Irbateman-i thought it would be helpful for us to have a spot on here. You'll do great this weekend.
    I got my workout done. I made the mistake in using lighter weights for the first two sets so it could have been a little harder for me but i still got an awesome workout. I just upped my weights on the last round and now i know for next time. Without cool down and warm up included it took me 48 min and i burned 485 calories. Did you guys have trouble keeping tempo count? My brain doesn't work so great so i couldn't keep count. But as it turns out i already do my moves slow and controlled so i'm alright with that. It's just too much to ask my brain to count reps let alone tempo,lol. For the cardio i just did inside jogging at different paces around my house and some knee to elbows for a lower impact part of it. I'm about to ice my knees because i've had a few issues with them the last couple of weeks. Luckily this workout wasn't bad on them but i had to not do the last set of squats and did some donkey kicks instead. The ball squat on the wall really bothered my knees. Can't wait to see what everyone thinks of their first workout. I promise i won't always write this much,hehe.
  • mleonards
    mleonards Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Great job! I am training for half marathon too, so my workout schedule will look a bit different since my main cardio will be my 4 runs/week. I will be doing 1 long run,1 med length tempo run, 1 easy short run and 1 short/speedwork run, then one day I'll do cross training cardio of some sort. I'm hoping BBB will help me stay accountable and stay on track with my strength training!
  • ummommyme
    Options
    Went to the community center today and used the elliptical for my cardio. Went well and it was hard. I'm going back tomorrow to do the workuot as well. Thursday too. According to my hrm i burned 432 calories in 40 min. My ave. heart rate was 169 and max was 183. I've noticed mine stays on the higher end. We will see if it lowers in the next 8 weeks. but i've been working out for well over a year now. Maybe if i can ever actually lose weight it will help.
  • ummommyme
    Options
    Today's workout was hard for me but i'm done and glad. How are you ladies doing?