Trying to fling myself off the plateau!

Options
So, I did lose a pound and a half last week, but I went 5 weeks only loosing that much. I have tried changing up the diet, watching the carbs a bit better, walking more ( not an excerciser) and I do not want to stay on that plateau. I am sure we have a lot of peoplewo have gotten off their plateaus. Any advice?

Replies

• pen2u
    pen2u Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Sorry, no advice from me. I can't wait to hear what others have to say.

I've been plateau-ing for a couple of months now. Although I'm thrilled to be maintaining rather than gaining, I'd love to lose the last 10 pounds. When I log my cals for the day, MFP says I should weigh 10 pounds less in 5 weeks - it has said that for at least 10 weeks!

From your ticker I see that you've got about 10 more to lose as well. I guess it's true what they say - the last 10 are the most difficult. I too will try less carbs & more exercise. I might even try *gasp* lower cals!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    a pound a half? then a plateau? you need to explain more..your ticker says you've lost more than 45.
  • xxvogue
    xxvogue Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    a pound a half? then a plateau? you need to explain more..your ticker says you've lost more than 45.

I think the OP was saying they've been on a 5 week plateau excluding the .5 pounds they lost last week.
  • johned63
    johned63 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I am starting my 7th week on a plateau and am also close to my goal weight like a few of the other posters. I have tried to shake things up, changed up my workouts, changed up my diet a bit with no change. Taking into account my intake plus exercise I should definitely be losing. It was bothering me but as long as I am not gaining I should not be too worried. I am hoping that it breaks by the end of this month.
  • RobynMcGregor
    Options
    I'm on that same plateau. Last time I did this on a different programme it was suggested I try swapping my coffee for green tea - my work place provides a free coffee machine with everything from Black coffee to Lattes and Mochachino etc. so I was definitely on more than one latte a day. changing to green tea helped get me moving again and strangely enough over Christmas/ New Year I have been drinking a lot more coffee. May not work for you but it does for me.