Help with Bloating?

Options
So I haven't been doing great over the holiday season. Starting tomorrow morning I am back on track though! But I am having some serious issues with bloating and it tends to stick with me for a long time. I just feel yucky. Even when I am eating properly I have issues with bloating. I guess it just happens to me easily. Anyone have any tips to help with this issue? I'm open to trying most things.I'd prefer not to take any kind of medicine though. Trying to keep it natural.

I'd appreciate any help I can get!

Replies

• Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    What kind of bloating - water retention, constipation, gas, all of the above? What do you class as eating properly, do you eat a balance of ALL the food groups?

- For water retention cut the salty processed rubbish, eat far more foods rich in minerals like potassium and magnesium
    - For constipation cut the white refined rubbish, eat more fibre and water rich foods, healthy fats especially oily fish
    - For gas cut the junk food, eat way more low sugar fruits and veggies (prEbiotics) take a freeze dried beneficial bacteria (prObiotics) capsule supplement, eat more oily fish.

If that doesn't work see a doctor or registered dietician you might have an intolerance or IBS.
  • Collidoscopekid
    Collidoscopekid Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    What kind of bloating - water retention, constipation, gas, all of the above? What do you class as eating properly, do you eat a balance of ALL the food groups?

- For water retention cut the salty processed rubbish, eat far more foods rich in minerals like potassium and magnesium
    - For constipation cut the white refined rubbish, eat more fibre and water rich foods, healthy fats especially oily fish
    - For gas cut the junk food, eat way more low sugar fruits and veggies (prEbiotics) take a freeze dried beneficial bacteria (prObiotics) capsule supplement, eat more oily fish.

If that doesn't work see a doctor or registered dietician you might have an intolerance or IBS.

I don't really know what kind of bloating it is. I just feel huge not because of weight gain.I just feel like I have gained 50 pounds even though I haven't really gained any.I do have IBS so I know that probably plays a big factor in it but I was just wondering if there is anything I can do to counteract it a bit. Thank you for your help. I will try some of your ideas!
  • zena92
    zena92 Posts: 128 Member
    Options

great tips there!!
    thanks for the post :)