Last time I was on MFP was 2009!!!

Options
It's a new year and I am the same old Angela. When I first signed up with mfp it was four years ago. I tried doing it but the computer logging thing wasn't MY thing. So I ended up joining TOPS. I did great for six months. I lost 30lbs and was 15lbs away from breaking out of the 300 lb group. I ended up meeting a man and the weight loss stopped. I stopped going to meetings and to the gym and I felt that I didn't have time for me and a boyfriend, so i left 'me' on the back burner. I had been with him for two years and after I blew back up to 360 lbs I figured I really needed to work on myself and not the boyfriend. I have since broken up with him to concentrate on myself. I envy people that can make this weight loss journey and have a significant other, and kids, and a job. How on earth do you do it? I felt guilty when I wanted 'me' time at the gym instead of together time with my ex. Bless all you that can make it all happen at once. How do I consintrate on me and not sound selfish? It's a daily struggle.

Replies

• christylindquist
    christylindquist Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me! I got down to 165 and was so happy in my daily life. I started dating my now husband and felt like I was wasting time when I took time for myself. My husband was in the air force so when he was home I didn't want to spend any time away from him. I started eating like him (frozen burritos/pizza/ fried food) and stopped going to the gym. I am now 262 and he is on board with eating right and helping me get to my exercise and eating right goals. You can do this! This is my second round with MFP too, I am more into it this time and the support is beyond amazing. I'm here for you!
  • Hazel2005
    Hazel2005 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Welcome Back! We've all been there done that, but the good thing is that we ended up here again. We can definitely do this! MFP has some great resources and inspirations abound!

BTW - your pic is lovely!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,118 Member
    Options
    You have to set boundaries with everyone you allow to be in your life. A man who loves you will encourage you to do things that are good for you, like losing weight and exercising.

You are the only one responsible for what you put in your mouth. Losing weight can be done with moderate exercise three or four times a week (like a 45 minute brisk walk.) For that matter, you can lose weight without exercise, but it's easier and better for your overall health to get some exercise.
  • angela1482
    angela1482 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you!