Fiber and Protein

Options
I have noticed that a few people say how they went over on their protein and fiber allowance like it is as bad as going over on calories or fat. I just assumed that if you are staying within the limits on everything else, by going over on protein and fiber, it doesn't do any harm. Doesn't your body just "get rid of" what you don't use, no harm no foul, or am i wrong? I know as far as protein, I don't get like 60 g at once, it is spaced out during the day in smaller increments. Any advice?

Replies

• Relaeh
    Relaeh Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Going over on either is no big deal...but you do want to try to get your calories evenly between carbs/fats/protiens/fiber...the more fiber you eat, the better...and according to WW, the more fiber you eat, the less calories of that particular item you consume...
  • jenlhugg
    jenlhugg Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I didn't think it was really a big deal, but wanted to check anyway. I don't go over by A LOT, but I do go over almost everyday. Just making sure I wasn't doing any damage.
  • Relaeh
    Relaeh Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I really don't think there is any harm...i go over on fiber everyday...the numbers they give you are what you need at the minimum...
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Appreciate you asking this question, as I too had been wondering why it was often presented as a "bad" thing. I mainly focus on carbs and sugar when being concerned about going over.
  • jenlhugg
    jenlhugg Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I think maybe people see that HORRIBLE RED NUMBER on their diary and assume that going over is bad.