30 Day Shred - what next?

Options
Hi everyone! I just started the 30 day shred on New Year's day, and I'm so pumped, and a little shocked, but I haven't missed a day yet - that's a record for this couch potato!! :)

Anyway, once I'm done the shred at the end of January, do you have any reccomendations for another of Jillian's dvd's I should look into? I have 4 kids under 5, so I've spent a lot of the last few years with out of shape core muscles..just wondering if I should do the abs workout - or since I still have a lot of weight to lose, if I should do Ripped in 30 or somehting to keep burning the weight, then worry about the specific ab workouts when I'm closer to my goal.

Thanks!
Deanna

Replies

• Hikergirl85
    Options
    I have heard of people talking about Jillian Michaels body revolution I think I'm going to try that afterwards I am on the 30 day shred and on day 3 it hurts. How are you handling it? It hurts to lay down sit or walk my muscles ache
  • CloverCreeper
    CloverCreeper Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm on L1D4 right now but I plan on doing ripped in 30 after
    I finish then maybe Insanity if I feel like I'm ready. (:
  • DPernet
    DPernet Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I finished 30DS just before Xmas. Insanity starts for me on Monday :sad:
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 30 day shred again! But I also have JM's video 6 week 6 pack and am contemplating buying Extreme Shed and Shred. I love all her video's!! Good luck
  • myrestlessfeet
    myrestlessfeet Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 5 level 1 of 30 DS and am looking into doing Ripped in 30 afterwards. Hopefully after that I'd be strong enough to go through Insanity. I heard its brutal.
  • kyrabeth1986
    kyrabeth1986 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've thought this too. Im on Day 4 L1 and haven't missed a day so far, which is also a record for me. Im not too sure what i'll do next. I've seen on here some people who have done L2 & 3 again for another 30days. Or maybe i'll do another of her DVDs.
  • starrynigh8
    starrynigh8 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am also doing the 30DS...started on January 1st. :) My plan after the 30 days is to do the 30 Day Slim Down....it's a combination of Jillian dvds that alternate day by day. The dvds you need are: 30DS, Yoga Meltdown, No More Trouble Zones, and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. I haven't tried the No More Trouble Zones or the Banish Fat one yet....just recently bought it in a box set with one pound weights for $10 at Walmart. However, I have done the Yoga Meltdown and it is killer. I love yoga....but this is much more intense and not relaxing like my other yoga practices.
    Anyways here's the breakdown of days for these 4 DVDs.

DAY 1 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 2 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 3 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 4 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 5 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 6 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 7 - OFF!
    DAY 8 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 9 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 10 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES

DAY 11 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 12 - BANISH FAST, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 13 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 14 - OFF!
    DAY 15 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 16 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 17 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 18 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & 2
    DAY 19 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 20 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM

DAY 21 - OFF!
    DAY 22 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 & 1
    DAY 23 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 24 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 25 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 26 - OFF!
    DAY 27 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1
    DAY 28 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 29 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 AND THEN LEVEL 1
    DAY 30 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    You can alternate her Burn Fat/Boost Metabolism (all cardio and kicks your *kitten*) with No More Trouble Zones (weight based circuit training).
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I am also doing the 30DS...started on January 1st. :) My plan after the 30 days is to do the 30 Day Slim Down....it's a combination of Jillian dvds that alternate day by day. The dvds you need are: 30DS, Yoga Meltdown, No More Trouble Zones, and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. I haven't tried the No More Trouble Zones or the Banish Fat one yet....just recently bought it in a box set with one pound weights for $10 at Walmart. However, I have done the Yoga Meltdown and it is killer. I love yoga....but this is much more intense and not relaxing like my other yoga practices.
    Anyways here's the breakdown of days for these 4 DVDs.

DAY 1 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 2 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 3 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 4 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 5 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 6 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 7 - OFF!
    DAY 8 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 9 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 10 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES

DAY 11 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 12 - BANISH FAST, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 13 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 14 - OFF!
    DAY 15 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 16 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 17 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 18 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & 2
    DAY 19 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 20 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM

DAY 21 - OFF!
    DAY 22 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 & 1
    DAY 23 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 24 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 25 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 26 - OFF!
    DAY 27 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1
    DAY 28 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 29 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 AND THEN LEVEL 1
    DAY 30 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    Love this idea
  • Peaches516
    Peaches516 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I did 30 DS, then Ripped in 30 and then Killer Buns&Thighs....Now graduated to lifting weights x All worth it if only to get me into the idea of changing my body/ starting exercise. NB: Don't do any of them barefoot or on a hard floor and consider some knee supports x Best of luck!
  • tharrison1972
    Options
    I just started Jillian's Total Body Revolution and I LOVE IT! She tells you which DVD to do and exactly what to eat for the entire 90 days. The workouts are only 30 minutes and they go by fast. They are intense but do-able! I started on Monday and already see changes in my body.
  • goddessofsewing
    goddessofsewing Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Monday will be my last day of 30DS. :bigsmile: My plan is to start alternating days of lifting with days of high intensity interval running. I'll do that for a few weeks before starting Ripped in 30. I figure (hope) that will keep my body from getting used to doing the same kinds of activities and keep me losing. Good luck! It gets better. Level 3 is actually my favorite. Hard, but still my favorite.
  • Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    After the shred, I plan on doing 6week 6pack or yoga meltdown or both. I did a workout in both and they had lots of planks like level 2, but more and variations of them. Level 2 of the shred will get me ready for them.
  • bogden78
    bogden78 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I finished 30DS 1/1, and immediately started RI30. So far I am loving it!
  • bogden78
    bogden78 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I did 30 DS, then Ripped in 30 and then Killer Buns&Thighs....Now graduated to lifting weights x All worth it if only to get me into the idea of changing my body/ starting exercise. NB: Don't do any of them barefoot or on a hard floor and consider some knee supports x Best of luck!
    how is killer buns, I'm thinking of doing that next. Hope to get a copy from the library to try it out before buying.
  • jecka93
    jecka93 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Ripped in 30 is amazing, I would defiantly say give that a go next!
  • starrynigh8
    starrynigh8 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    NB: Don't do any of them barefoot or on a hard floor and consider some knee supports x Best of luck!

I have to do these workouts barefoot...I have extremely wide feet and good tennis shoes are hard to come by. When I tried wearing tennis shoes while doing this workout last year my feet ended up cramping and they hurt for weeks. I also workout on hardwood floors...I have a yoga mat(which is thin) that I use and my husband has a workout mat(which is thick). I put my knees on the workout mat during push-ups to keep from bruising my knees. Everyone should just figure out what works for their body and go with it.
  • Tonia184
    Tonia184 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I am just about done with the 30 Day shred. I think I will adopt this workout but will substitute the 30 day shred with Ripped in 30.