Vegans

Options
Im trying to decide if I should try the vegan route and was hoping for some help. By big question is why? I hear that it will make me feel better and of course its heathly. I also hear that it can help me lose those last few pounds to cut up. Im not doing it cause of animals rights or anything. Im purely looking for health and body building facts about becoming a vegan. Any help or thoughts welcome. Feel free to Friend me too.

Thanks
Jake

Replies

• _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    The 'why to go vegan' question is really up to you to determine. It's an overall healthful style of eating, particularly if you eat lots of fruits and veggies, but it isn't the only one.

For reliable evidence-based vegan nutrition information, check out 'Vegan for Life' by Jack Norris and Virginia Messina.
  • LE193
    LE193 Posts: 23
    Options
    I'm afraid I can't help you with the ins and outs but I can safely say that my vegan brother is without doubt the healthiest person I know (maybe that says more about the people I hang out with!). He does vegan bodybuilding, gets plenty of protein etc.. and well over on the 5 a day without even trying. Also my mum started it last summer and lost 8 pounds since without trying.

He tries to fill me in on the details but I feel veganism is too big a step for me atm, but have so much respect for anyone who is. Sorry this isn't very scientific whatsoever, and not much of a contribution, but I would advise it if you're looking for a healthier lifestyle change so long as you do it right!