Subway???

Options
2»

Replies

• Hey_you_over_there
    Options
    It's my fallback place. I used to get different subs with I cheese/no dressing.

Now I get the "chopped salads" they have with no cheese or dressing. They can really load up the veggies in there and "juice" from the veggies combines with the oregano gives it a light dressing taste for super low calories.

The rub here being you need to eat it FAST as subway veggies tend to wilt in about 10 minutes.
  • lamby284
    lamby284 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    You could start with subway. The downside is that it's easy to pile on the calories if done wrong, and the meats and breads are loaded with preservatives. I suggest doing only one meat and watching the sauces, skip the chips and soda for sure. Happy dieting :)
  • pteryndactyl
    pteryndactyl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    If you go to Subway's website and check out the nutrition section, you can "make" your sub and it will tell you the nutritional content.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    The general consensus will be that Subway is loaded with sodium and other crap and is no better than having a Big Mac because calories are all that matter.

BUT

In reality (my reality, anyway) making a habit of replacing a junk meal with a better one - even if it's not a great one - can have huge psychological impact and lead to making even better choices. If you go light on the processed meats and cheeses and stick to a lot of veggies, Subway isn't a bad choice.

Good luck!

I love this reply. When I first started out, my biggest change was ordering a regular hamburger instead of a big mac at mcdonalds. After a while, I wanted more food so I switched to subway. Then, I was like, I can make the same stuff at home for a hell of a lot cheaper. Now I eat a lot of sandwiches and salads at home. While I won't give up my weekly pizza splurge, it starts with one small step.
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    Options
    The general consensus will be that Subway is loaded with sodium and other crap and is no better than having a Big Mac because calories are all that matter.

BUT

In reality (my reality, anyway) making a habit of replacing a junk meal with a better one - even if it's not a great one - can have huge psychological impact and lead to making even better choices. If you go light on the processed meats and cheeses and stick to a lot of veggies, Subway isn't a bad choice.

Good luck!

I love this reply. When I first started out, my biggest change was ordering a regular hamburger instead of a big mac at mcdonalds. After a while, I wanted more food so I switched to subway. Then, I was like, I can make the same stuff at home for a hell of a lot cheaper. Now I eat a lot of sandwiches and salads at home. While I won't give up my weekly pizza splurge, it starts with one small step.

Thanks Rachel