Chocolate covered pretzels and powdered sugar doughnuts

Options
Today my husband and stepson brought in a box of powdered sugar-covered doughnuts and a bag of Nestlé Flipz chocolate covered pretzels. Normally, I would have dug right in....but I am proud to say that I didn't even eat one bite!!!

It's like over the past few days, I have lost my craving for sweets and junk food. Have any of you had that happen...after a week or two of eating healthy and counting calories, you don't want the junk food anymore?

Replies

• GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Today my husband and stepson brought in a box of powdered sugar-covered doughnuts and a bag of Nestlé Flipz chocolate covered pretzels. Normally, I would have dug right in....but I am proud to say that I didn't even eat one bite!!!

It's like over the past few days, I have lost my craving for sweets and junk food. Have any of you had that happen...after a week or two of eating healthy and counting calories, you don't want the junk food anymore?
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    Good for you I only have my cravings once a month......then whatch out!

dd
  • FitKitty
    FitKitty Posts: 46
    Options
    OH MYGOSH... I would have grabbed the bag and eaten ALL of the Flipz. I wish my junk food cravings were gone... but they come visit me 2-3 times a day...:grumble:

I give you 200000 thumbs up on resisting and not having the cravings.:flowerforyou:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Great job! It gets easier the longer you go without it. I can't even remember what I used to 'crave', and I no longer have cravings. Sometimes the smell of fast food makes me a little nauseas, and other times it makes me a little hungry, but I never feel deprived. You are on your way to a new palette. :smile:
  • weightlossinprogress
    weightlossinprogress Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Great job - takes a lot of strength - however do agree with you about not craving junk food anymore - I have been eating healthy for about a month now and the thought of having unhealthy snacks doesn't take over me anymore!!! A huge step in the right direction.....
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Yes I am so much better at staying away from sweets, then before this change in diet. I haven't had anyone bring any in the house.....so my hats off to you for resisting temptation:flowerforyou:
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    I was craving pizza today and we were having friends over so I went ahead and bought two extra large ones thinking we would eat them all right up. I cut them into 16 slices each and we have almost one entire pizza left after feeding 7 people. I know I went over my calories by a little, but I absolutely could not go back for seconds and I couldn't eat it again when I went back for a snack. I grabbed some water and called it good.

GOOD JOB to all of us.
  • walnut
    walnut Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I remember what that's like, losing cravings for junk food... couldn't say that's me right now! All it takes for me to fall off the wagon is one little indulgence and then I'm hooked back on sugar for days or weeks. Social situations when it is appropriate to partake in, like, birthday cake can screw up my whole week. You guys are all tough!!!