Hipbones or curves?

Options

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I prefer my shape. With slightly less body fat than it currently has.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    My desired body type is the kind that can do a few pull-ups and run at 8 mph on a treadmill for a half an hour. Also, benching 100 lb would be cool.
  • crazy4lulu
    crazy4lulu Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    ripped, built and healthy.... weight does not matter!!!!!
  • Sister_Someone
    Sister_Someone Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I want my thigh gap, flat belly and hipbones back. Basically, the shape I already have with a little less fat.
  • Starla_
    Starla_ Posts: 349
    Options
    I have hip bones and curves. My hips are quite big but they also happen to be the cause of my only significant curves. I love them because they are big and give me such an awesome shape. My thighs look like you can sink your teeth into them, as well as my butt which is a cute little bubble and this is all because of my hips being the way they are. Awesome.

I love my body the way it was made. I'm working on getting it as healthy as it can be so it continues being awesome for me :smile:
  • beautifulbrat
    Options
    I have a booty and big boobs. Even at my smaller sizes I have wide hips and thicker thighs - I know I'll never be that skinny girl with the thigh gap. I used to want that because that's what EVERYONE that was beautiful and that's what I saw in Vogue, Elle, Cosmo, Shape, etc.

Now that I'm an adult, I've realized that we all have different body shapes and types. I'm 5'1. My hips are wide and I have a very short torso - I'll NEVER have an hourglass shape. There's no space for the waist required for it. My waist = ribcage. And then, almost immediately, are my big boobs again. SO - I'm going for a healthier version of the curvy me. I have no idea what I'll look like, but as long as I'm not the 100 lbs overweight I am now and I can fit into everyday clothes, that's what I'll be happy with.

Personally, I think thigh gaps and hip bones are really over rated. I've certainly learned that there's no one size fits all when it comes to body shape or what's attractive. Some like a skinny girl, others like curves. I may not be able to have the real hourglass shape, but it will be my shape.

i relate with you on that! except i'm taller
  • ajane456
    Options
    I'm BALL shaped. I honestly don't know what my body shape would be. I've never been skinny enough to see. I want the sexy kind of curves. Marilyn Monroe curves.
  • ConsueloBonito
    ConsueloBonito Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've got cures,,, the hourglass figure. I have let myself go so now I have 24 hour glass figue.

LOVE THIS!!
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I have a booty and big boobs. Even at my smaller sizes I have wide hips and thicker thighs - I know I'll never be that skinny girl with the thigh gap. I used to want that because that's what EVERYONE that was beautiful and that's what I saw in Vogue, Elle, Cosmo, Shape, etc.

Now that I'm an adult, I've realized that we all have different body shapes and types. I'm 5'1. My hips are wide and I have a very short torso - I'll NEVER have an hourglass shape. There's no space for the waist required for it. My waist = ribcage. And then, almost immediately, are my big boobs again. SO - I'm going for a healthier version of the curvy me. I have no idea what I'll look like, but as long as I'm not the 100 lbs overweight I am now and I can fit into everyday clothes, that's what I'll be happy with.

Personally, I think thigh gaps and hip bones are really over rated. I've certainly learned that there's no one size fits all when it comes to body shape or what's attractive. Some like a skinny girl, others like curves. I may not be able to have the real hourglass shape, but it will be my shape.

This is totally ME. I started out here at 80-90lbs overweight, and I still have 50lbs to lose to hit my goal.

Before I had kids, my measurements were 38C-26-36. I'm pretty darn sure I cannot get back there, but that is OK--I don't think that would look good on an almost 40yo woman. What I can do is strength train and lose fat to get as healthy as I can. Hubby will love whatever shape I turn out.
  • caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I just want to get rid of my belly. This damn belly has been my unfortunate companion since I was a teenager. I don't necessarily want a flat stomach, but I'd like to be able to sit down without rolls forming like a freaking tire.
  • fruity2
    fruity2 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Aim: To be healthy and add muscle. I'm over trying to be thin, my body just ain't going to let me, so might as well work with it instead of fight it.
  • notyourpalbuddy
    Options
    I want my hourglass figure back! Though Sophia Loren lied, pasta alone won't do it :(

Right now I look like a vase with room for too many damn flowers.
  • dhydes2
    dhydes2 Posts: 17
    Options
    I would call myself an hourglass only because my waist is smaller than the width of my shoulders and hips. But when you're an hour glass and overweight the fat is distributed everywhere. So while your body may seem proportionate, the shape isn't as noticeable. I want to get to where my shape stands out, and some extra padding in the bum area would be nice. :)
  • dhydes2
    dhydes2 Posts: 17
    Options
    I just want to be healthy!
  • QueenofComeBacks
    QueenofComeBacks Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    i been told im hourglass but since i had my two babies i became large hourglass. so im just wanted to slim down my figure! im happy with what i have!
  • lamby284
    lamby284 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    ...An hourglass figure has nothing to do with hipbones. It just means that your hip to waist difference is 9 inches or more and your bust is about the same as your hips when measured.

is that really true? ive never heard that, but cool
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I love the way an hour glass figure looks, but I know it's also not attainable for me.

I'm fine with it. I love my own body shape just as much (banana-ruler type).

More importantly, I love what it can do (push-ups, full on pulls ups, run, squat, jump, etc.).
  • Shanni827
    Shanni827 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I love curves, which is why I'm not trying to get to 125 lbs, but more like 147-150. I've been 115 lbs before and while it was great, it was the body of a teenager and not a woman! I love the shape of my body, but I've had 5 kids and surgery so my tummy is a mommy tummy, but not too bad. My goal is to shed the bounds and shape up my curves to me the sexy 35 year old I know I can be if I put a little work in!
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with working with (and being happy with!) the body you are meant to have, as opposed to desiring a body type that is virtually unattainable?

Ding! Ding! We have a winner.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I want the body that will bench 75% body weight, squat 150% body weight and deadlifts 200% body weight,