Going Grocery shopping today...what should i buy?

Any tips of stocking up my fridge and pantry today?

Replies

• grantsmommy
    grantsmommy Posts: 29 Member
    My stapes are fresh fruit and veggies, eggs, almond milk, greek yogurt, chicken breast, and ground turkey. Pretty much every meal that I make is from these items.
  • vfnmoody
    vfnmoody Posts: 271 Member
    Fruit so ripe you have to eat it in the next two days, veg. and egg whites.
  • Tryinonemoretime
    Tryinonemoretime Posts: 86 Member
    Shirataki Noodles! I eat tons of these goodies. You can get ones that have zero calories or other kinds may have 40 calories per bag. They are not a noodle at all but made from a yam like veggie. They do have a little bit of a funny texture at first but if you make even one great meal with them you will never notice the texture again. These have really saved my diet life!!!!!
    A couple of tips:
    Rinse Rinse Rinse. When you first open the bag they smell terrible. Kind of like fish. Once you rinse them they are fine.
    Microwave or dry fry them.
    They have NO FLAVOR of their own so they will taste like the ingrediants you put with them.
    I have made Mac and Cheese. Used Light Alfredo Sauce. Spaghetti Sauce. I have just gotten to using dip (like potato chip dip) and sour cream. I am not usually into hot or spicy foods but I bought a Jalepano dip and that was wonderful.
    I put veggies of all kinds in with them. I use Jimmy Dean Turkey Crumbles (these are great also!!!) for my protein but you can use any variety of protien you like .
    You can do almost anything with them. To be honest I eat them in one form or another every night. I have always been a big big eater ( which is why I am here,,,,,,,teehee) and these allow me to eat enough to be full for the night but not to rack up a ton of calories.
    The first time I bought them I chickened out and threw them away but I am so glad I gave them another shot.
    Tonight I will have, noodles, turkey crumbles, sliced black and green olives, cucumber, and frozen peas in a sour cream sauce. YUM!!!!!!
    Good luck!