Gym in Your Living Room?

Options
2»

Replies

• DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I would do what I had to but I much prefer using my garage as a gym than my living room.
    that's what my hubby and I are going to do, we have an attached garage and also a one car unattached...gonna convert the attached into a gym and move the car to the unattached....leaves no excuses :wink:
    I have heat in my garage so it's not a prob in the winter!
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    What sort of foundation do you have?
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    My living room is a gym... sort of. I live in a teensy apartment. I have a yoga mat, a number of kettlebells, some dumbbells (up to 25 lbs) and some medicine balls in there. I use my coffee table as a bench and have a pull up bar over the door. For cardio I have this rad place called "nature".
  • Crystaleyed
    Crystaleyed Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Oh my god, that actually sounds amazing :) would love to be able to do that.
    Unfortunately I still live at home with my parents who aren't really into any sort of exercise so I don't think they'd enjoy having all the gym stuff blocking the view of the TV but thankfully I will soon have my gym membership so X).
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Mine is in the basement.
    My wife would burn me alive if I set it up in the living room.
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    I actually work out in my den. I have a treadmill and some weights (mostly dumbbells), a DVR for exercise videos...........and that's about it. Wish i had a basement though, then i would have a bunch of equipment no doubt.
  • ChrisWag
    ChrisWag Posts: 169
    Options
    We did it and love it! Our was long and narrow so we took half and put in a weight pulley system machine and my new treadmill! (I hate running in the cold) It was the bst move ever! Can watch TV still be part of the family, yet work out!