Newby needing support

Options
My first 2 days on here have not been a raging success. In logging my food, and yes, I was painfully honest, I can see that I obviously over estimate my potions and haven't made wise choices. I have 100 pounds to lose, again with the painful honesty, and would appreciate having friends that share my goals and committment and can offer encouragement and helpful tips - and get the same in return. I'm not looking to buy all new diet foods, which can be expensive. I want to be realistic and learn to cook/eat everyday food in a healthier way. Anyone looking to share this path with a buddy?

Replies

• nanniejulie
    Options
    Snap i too need all the support i can get please feel free to add me to your friends :smile:
  • solly765
    solly765 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am new too and would love to have support as well - I have 100 pounds to loose too. We can do it together.
  • Omoe11
    Omoe11 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm also new...would love to help support you! Feel free to add me as a friend if you want :)
  • LexLyric
    LexLyric Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Same here... I'll add you guys :)
  • AndreaLee16
    Options
    I am returning to MFP. I joined 12 months or so ago but then decided to try the shake diet thing instead. Big mistake. Sure I lost weight quickly but as soon as I stopped it piled back on. And you're right, its cost way too much! I agree with you PammeFi, and Im going to try this again so that I learn how to change my habits for life and not have to waste money. Been 6 days now and I am doing ok but I could use some support too. Please feel free to add me. Good luck on your journey!
  • dnlow
    dnlow Posts: 2
    Options
    im new also
    and the diet they have me on seems ok but I had a regular pop that said no caffine and for what ever reason I thought it was diet
    The imeadiate made me hungry and quick
    any pointers that you may have heard of for a non sugar candy or somthing similar would be great
    I am understanding what your going through and consider me for a freind
    thx
  • MrsRamseyForever
    MrsRamseyForever Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Glad you're here :). I just started this site on Tuesday, so I am still new to things as well. It is GOOD that you are being honest in your logging, even if it is painful at times. I have been a bit shocked these last few days over how much sugar is in everything (and the fat content of some things too)- that has been my struggle, trying to keep the sugars in the limits. I have read some of the boards on here and it looks like you can find good support here. What have you set your goals at right now? Maybe starting out with a smaller goal (1 pound a week instead of 2 for example) will make things seem a little more manageable until you get the hang of things. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like, I don't mind sharing ideas on foods or meals if you want some help with those things.
  • lucianbeauty
    lucianbeauty Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi

You can add me as I have just started and could do with some support. Late night eating is my downfall!!
    I would love some help and tips etc
  • crreed80
    Options
    Hello there! I'm new too, and I have similar goals, I will add you as a friend and we can support each other : )
  • PammeFl
    Options
    Do you crave salty or sweet foods at night?
  • holliesmith9484
    holliesmith9484 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    What are some of the things you make everyday? I lost about 70 lbs a while back just changing the way I prepare some meals, because I didn't have the money to buy new stuff. I think I have become a pro at this..lol
  • shamarielkf
    Options
    Hi my name is Shamarie and I have stuggled with my weight my entire life. I have one hundred and thrity (130) pounds to loss myself. Would love to be friends -- I have lost over a hundred pounds before it takes dedication you have to change how you do everything. I have been out of control for the past 4 years so I am back on the wagon again! Anything I can do to help let me know!
  • PammeFl
    Options
    What are some of the things you make everyday? I lost about 70 lbs a while back just changing the way I prepare some meals, because I didn't have the money to buy new stuff. I think I have become a pro at this..lol
    Some of the things that make it to my daily menu have been: Bourbon Street Chicken over rice, chicken fried, baked, rotisseried - don't think I ever met a chicken I didn't like! - rigatoni w/meat sauce, chili, beef & noodles, salmon patties, meatloaf, salsbury steak..you name it and I've probably cooked it. The few things I don't eat would be squash, pumpkin, cooked greens like collards and yogurt. Everything else is fair game. So I have some adapting to do, I know.
  • MrsSawicki
    Options
    I'm new too and would love the support! Doing this with my husband and he's a week ahead of me. It seems to be working for him so far! But my total calories fort eh day is MUCH less than his!
  • 4C_diva
    4C_diva Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am looking for support as well. Please feel free to add me as a friend.
    Thanks!!
  • sienicfree
    Options
    I'm also new and needing support I think we should all add each other!
    I'm Sierra by the way :):smile:
  • zvezda11
    zvezda11 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I thought my diet was moderately healthy and low calorie but ever since I started logging things in, ive realized how bad it truly is. You're definitely not alone!
  • Kamile69
    Options
    Add me too!
  • nlmcp
    nlmcp Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi, just joined.
    Wrote down all my food today. Clearly I need to watch my portions.
    Need to also work on drinking water. Today was cleaning so was doing a lot of moving around. But need to do more.
  • Colexlovely
    Colexlovely Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me:)