having trouble adjusting to new body

Options
I started at 240lbs at a size 22, I am 5'8.5" (ha) I am currently 160 at a size 7/8. Every time I look at myself I still feel like I look like the same even though I know that I'm not. I just feel like every one still looks at me like a fat girl. I am really discouraged by my weight, I think that's still a pretty big number, my goal is to lose about 20 more lbs but every one seems really concerned when I say that, saying that I will look too thin if I do that, I wish I also thought that...

frontview_zps3d5acbe7.jpg

sideview_zpsb662f977.jpg

I am really not sure how to post pictures but ha maybe it;s like this? Maybe not, either way I hope you can at least get to them.

Replies

• tlo23
    tlo23 Posts: 68
    Options
    The pictures didn't post, but from your profile pic, you look awesome!! I'm having the same issues too. I want to lose about 18 - 20 more pounds myself. People who haven't seen me in awhile (now thinner) also say that's too much too but I know where I want/need to be. Do what's best for you. We'll eventually get the hang of the new bodies. Good luck to you!
  • purpleroxmysocks
    purpleroxmysocks Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Ha thanks, well I am smaller than that now, I am going to re-post the pictures ha I don't know how to use this stuff.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Just hit the edit button and change the "img" to lower case.
  • purpleroxmysocks
    Options
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    You have done GREAT!
    Just keep green in your mind what life was like fat.
    My heart goes right to my throat when I remember the C-PAP, medications, ridicule and general buffoonery.
    I look at my fat pictures when I don't feel like pushing or feel like nothing is different.
    That works like a charm!
    Thanks for sharing...:flowerforyou:
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    it's up now! U look great! congrats!
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Congrats on all your hard work paying off!!
  • Textmessage
    Textmessage Posts: 387 Member
    Options

Agreed. Just give yourself time to adjust to the new you. It's tough being used to feeling and looking a certain way for years upon years then changing suddenly in a fraction of time in comparison.
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I think you look fine at the weight you are, but I also think you'd look perfectly fine at your goal weight. It's all down to personal preference. You DEFINITELY aren't 'fat' though. I'm also having trouble getting used to my new body. I still feel the same as I did before.
  • HeatherTransformed
    HeatherTransformed Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Congrats on your loss.

Maybe go off what your BMI says. ??? I've lost almost 60 lbs and want to lose at least another 25 and people get really upset about that. But based on my BMI, I'm still considered overweight for another 10 lbs. I'm aiming for the middle BMI. And if people don't like that, they can go screw themselves. I'm doing this for me... not them. :o)
  • mercymarque
    Options
    Personally I like u look great. I'm currently 170 and everyone thinks its time to stop. I want to lose 30 more pounds... I tell u this because u should do what works best for u. If you not happy with ur current figure work at it. They don't live in ur body, u do. Do what makes u happy. If u lose 20 more pounds and u think u look to thin then it's ur job to put some weight on. I say go for it. Good luck with UR journey.
  • HeatherTransformed
    HeatherTransformed Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Ooops! Sent too soon! I also wanted to say I have a hard time with my body, too. When I see myself walking by a mirror or glass window, I just don't get it. I tend to stare abnormally because it's just not registering that it's me.
  • x_cinder_x
    x_cinder_x Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I hit up my Dr just for this reason. Its kind of nice when the naysayers start in on the 'to much loss' routine to be able to come back and say my Dr set this goal.
  • purpleroxmysocks
    Options
    I know, I just hope I can adjust soon ha, I am getting moody, I can tell :(
  • purpleroxmysocks
    Options

Agreed. Just give yourself time to adjust to the new you. It's tough being used to feeling and looking a certain way for years upon years then changing suddenly in a fraction of time in comparison.

Yeah that's true, I just am scared that I won't be able to accept it ha I was much happier with my body when I was fat I feel.
  • mfoy94
    mfoy94 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I think you look fine at the weight you are, but I also think you'd look perfectly fine at your goal weight. It's all down to personal preference. You DEFINITELY aren't 'fat' though. I'm also having trouble getting used to my new body. I still feel the same as I did before.

this^^
  • purpleroxmysocks
    Options
    You look great!! Congrats on your loss.

Maybe go off what your BMI says. ??? I've lost almost 60 lbs and want to lose at least another 25 and people get really upset about that. But based on my BMI, I'm still considered overweight for another 10 lbs. I'm aiming for the middle BMI. And if people don't like that, they can go screw themselves. I'm doing this for me... not them. :o)

Yeah I am trying to use my BMI to decide what weight I want to be at but according to my BMI I'm either still considered "over weight" or just making the cut into a healthy BMI.
  • msshiraz
    msshiraz Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    good job! You look great! I am finally hitting that point of weight loss where people are really noticing- and its a little uncomfortable. I don't want to draw attention to myself- I'd like to just fit in- especially in the fitness world, because I teach fitness- I want to look the part.

Go by your sizes- you are a 7/8? Great job!!
  • faster_than_flash
    faster_than_flash Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Maybe you can't tell...but I bet the boys can =)
  • jme6976
    jme6976 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have decided this year to not only use the scale but to use a tape measure to gauge my results. I have only lost two pounds but the inches was shocking!!! I have never done this before but really glad I did. This is a great motivator for me to keep going. I try to tell myself that the scale doesn't account for muscle gained but the tape measure sure makes me happy!