Need Support Badly! Any Aussie's out there?

Options
Hi All,
I am a 32yr old mummy of 2 girls under 4yrs. I live in Australia. I havent found anyone else on here from Australia yet. I would love to know if there are any other Aussies out there. But I would love support and to hear about successes of anyone around the world too.
I am returning to MFP. I joined 12 months or so ago but then decided to try the shake diet thing instead. Big mistake. Sure I lost weight quickly but as soon as I stopped it piled back on. It also costs way too much!
Im going to try this again so that I learn how to change my habits for life and not have to waste money. Instead of pressuring myself to lose weight in a few months, I am going to try a long haul approach and give myself 12months. It will be cool to compare my family xmas photo from 2012 with this years one. Hopefully I will be a sexy mummy by then lol!
Been 6 days now and I am doing ok but I could use some support too. Please feel free to add me.
Good luck on your journey!

Replies

• SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Hi Andrea,

I am 44 in Sydney. New to this, but loving it and determined to get to goal this year.

If you go to the Groups and search Aussie Aussie Aussie, you will see there are plenty of us!

I've found the message boards and info on eating more to lose weight invaluable. Keep reading, get some friends, join a group and keep tracking your calories and you will get there. Also, if you have time to listen to podcasts, try Fit 2 Fat Radio, it's changing my mindset and just so sensible.

Good luck!!