Best (most accurate) pedometer?

Options
So I have a BodyMedia, a Polar FT4 HRM and now I'm just missing a good pedometer to check my distance. Does anyone know a good, accurate distance measuring pedometer?
I've looked at the fitbug, fitbit and omron walking 3 but I can't decide and I don't know if there are any that are better?

Replies

• craigja
    craigja Posts: 17
    Options
    I like the Fitbit Zip. It's pretty reasonable as well at $59.95.
  • FluroFaye
    FluroFaye Posts: 130
    Options
    Yeah, I'm thinking fitbit zip or maybe splashing out on a striiv...anyone know if there's a major difference? Accuracy is most important and I'm also quite interested in the competitions.
  • pet1127
    pet1127 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I have had a few diff ones and the fitbit has been the most acurate and I am loving all the functions.
    I have the ultra and want the fitbit one now so I am saving my pennies
  • holylucy
    Options
    I did a lot of leg work already and just ordered the Fitbit One. There is a bit of a back log to receive the "one". Based on what all my MFP buddies said....the Fitbit was by far the most accurate. Hope this helps.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    So I have a BodyMedia, a Polar FT4 HRM and now I'm just missing a good pedometer to check my distance. Does anyone know a good, accurate distance measuring pedometer?
    I've looked at the fitbug, fitbit and omron walking 3 but I can't decide and I don't know if there are any that are better?
    I have a fitbit but am thinking of getting a BMF. What do you think of it.
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit but am thinking of getting a BMF. What do you think of it.

I don't have a bodymedia, but I'm not too keen on anything that requires you to buy a monthly subscription.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of getting a used one on eBay, getting a three month subscription to work out my TDEE and then sell it on again.
  • FluroFaye
    FluroFaye Posts: 130
    Options
    I got it about a year ago. I wasn't eating very much and surely enough I left that diet. A few weeks ago I started using it again and it hasn't left my arm. I love my BMF and if I can't really afford the monthly sub for that long, that's a great way to do it.
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    BTW, I use the Ozeri digital razer pedometer. It is by far the tiniest, thinniest best pedometer I have used to date. I used to have OmRon and they were okay, but they died every couple years. It got tiresome. And, they were bulky. Also, their clips would always "pop off". So, they're easy to lose. This one is like 1 or 2 mm thick at most. so light you can forget you're wearing... so be careful not to wash it.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=digital+razor+pedometer

exercise.png