Smoothies?

Options
Does anyone have any awesome smoothies recipes? I plan on buying a blender sometime next week.

Replies

• KarenJ15
    KarenJ15 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I just like to use fat free milk (Fresh N' Fit Fitness Milk is my favorite) , a banana and some frozen strawberries. I add a tbs of peanut butter sometimes too.

I just got a new Cuisinart blender thing, so I've been experimenting.
  • Pamela0004
    Options
    Green Smoothie Love
    1 large handful spinach, kale or watercress
    2 bananas
    2 cups fresh pineapple, mango or papaya
    1 cup water
    Put all ingredients into a blender. Enjoy!
    www.healthybliss.net

You can use a apple for the fresh fresh fruit also.
  • lkj99
    lkj99 Posts: 1
    Options
    Green Smoothie Love
    1 large handful spinach, kale or watercress
    2 bananas
    2 cups fresh pineapple, mango or papaya
    1 cup water
    Put all ingredients into a blender. Enjoy!
    www.healthybliss.net

You can use a apple for the fresh fresh fruit also.
    My nutritionist recommended this one too. You can also add kiwi to it.
  • treesa101
    Options
    I love my smoothies,
    I use 10 oz water
    1 crystal light(or any brand) lemonaid or lemonaid berry mix in
    1/2 c fat free greek yogurt
    1 cup of your favorite frozen fruite
    1 pkg art sweetener 2 if you like it really sweet
    and blend
    thse are alsome smoothies can be changed by adding milk in place of water, mixing in protien powder and concealing oil oils for health bene.
    a small hambelton beach blender for less than twenty is great for this and yo can travel with the blender cup
  • treesa101
    Options
    you can freeze any fruits as they come into season to avoid using ice
  • lamby284
    lamby284 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    You really cannot go wrong with throwing in random fruits and veggies. With some milk or fruit juice, it will always come out sweet and tasty. Like today I threw in some frozen blackberries, soy milk, and protein powder in a blender and it was good
  • Siobhan108
    Siobhan108 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I use a protein blend ( 2 teaspoons ) from the health food store with any fruit I have in the house and usually water, be fat free Greek Yogurt is good in it too. I don't like yogurt other then in smoothies so it's a good way to get extra protein. I freeze it and eat it with a spoon.
  • redwan2001
    redwan2001 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Trust me you can't go wrong throwing in all types of fruits, I got one a few weeks ago and I been inventing lol. I love it have fun with it :)

Nadia
  • MrUNC50
    MrUNC50 Posts: 28
    Options
    Would you consider fruit smoothies as a meal replacement option or just for like a snack midday or something?
  • JoeBFit2013
    Options
    I would like them for a snack not a meal replacement.
  • MrUNC50
    MrUNC50 Posts: 28
    Options
    I would like them for a snack not a meal replacement.

I apologize my question was a general one in this topic not just to you and your needs haha

Sorry for invading your topic..

*exits stage left even*
  • Devastator7L
    Options
    I use this as a meal replacement typically when I have gone to the gym and am looking for protein to feed my muscles. This is not an everyday drink for me. It makes about 2 1/2 glasses and totals at 359 calories. (Could easily be satisfied with just one glass so you could cut the portions in half if you wanted)

Almond Milk has more calcium than milk and at only 30 calories per cup so you can't go wrong. The protein powder could easily be left out entirely. It just depends on what works for you.

Met-Rx Chocolate Protein Powder - 1 Scoop
    Better'n Peanut Butter (All Natural) - 2 Tbsp. (I get mine at Trader Joe's)
    Silk Pure Almond Unsweetened Almond milk - 2 Cups
    Banana - 1
    Ice - About Six Cubes

Best of luck to ya!
  • pwprice59
    pwprice59 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I mix vegetables with some fruit and protein powder. Frozen spinach is cheap, so are carrots. I have used beets, celery, cucumber, just get creative. All kinds of fruit, mainly apples and bananas, but anything in season, I love watermelon and cantaloupe. If you use vanilla flavored protein powder, it goes nice with the banana, and you cinnamon also adds a good flavor. I add walnuts and/or chia to adjust the fats. Soak the chia seeds first if you are going to use them. You will also need to add water tothe blender to get it the consistency you want.