newbie here :) 5'2 and a whoppin 218lbs lol can i do it

Options

Replies

• ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP.. I first started around the same weight as you.. always looking for new friends.. sending you a FR :) You CAN and WILL do this ;)
  • j9stagemgr
    j9stagemgr Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all - I started last year but only did about 3 weeks of recording - sometimes it's more time consuming to post and log and track and journal .... anyway, I'm in the same boat as all y'all. Starting new: Jan. got lots o' goals and hopes and ambitions and intentions. I love to hide out but I need accountability; it's easy to lie to myself and not tell anyone else what's going on. I'm around 210 (I haven't been on a scale in a month and a month ago I was under 210). Final Exam week approached then the holidays and I sought comfort in my comfort foods. When I cave and allow myself what I want when I want, it's really really hard to turn that faucet off.... so day by day I'm turning the valve a little bit at a time to slow the flow as it were. Of course, Jan 1 I have huge intentions, but am recovering from the celebrations; Jan 2 I do really well until the evening; Jan 3 I think, well I screwed up yesterday, today won't make a difference; Jan 4 I wake up resolved again and do really well until the evening .... Today's Saturday. My size 18's are starting to feel snug again. I already threw out my size 20's telling myself "never again!" ... so today I resolve once again. Today, it's nearly 7p and I'm not hiding; today I'm confronting all of you. today I've eaten well. today I've acknowledged the craving and the hunger - I've thanked the craving for rearing its ugly head reminding me of all that I love reminding me to find comfort - then I told craving it's welcome to stay but for one hour I'm not going to give it anything but water and a piece of fruit. It shows back up again about an hour and a half later and we have the same conversation. today, I'm conversing and confronting and challenging .... and winning .... To all of you struggling and fighting: you're here, it's evening time, it may be day 5 - congratulations to you for being here.
    Tomorrow we get to do it all again if we wake up: we're breathing, we're typing, we're wanting ... we are winning.
  • EmbroideryExpress
    Options
    I started this about 2 months ago. Just make your goals simple so that you can follow through. Just type in that you want to lose say 20 pounds. That way it doesn't set your calories for the day so low that you cannot function. If I can do this anyone can. In just a short while you will find out what foods you are eating that have too many calories. For me it was rice and potatoes. Just avoid the things with too many calories and opt for healthier choices. I lost 8 pounds in 5 weeks. Good luck!
  • shanswan
    shanswan Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I just started last week and have 30-40lbs to lose. I have never been this big even when I was pregnant and on bed rest so I am changing my life because I can't stand it. Anyone that wishes please add me. I would love it. I am an East Texas girl living on the wrong side of the Red River lol so I am very down to earth and very encouraging. I have a goal of 20 pounds by March 1st let's see how this goes.
  • ChelseaM18
    Options
    You say you need to lose almost half of you to be healthy, healthy is your '''''ULTIMATE''''' goal.

That's a big goal, and that type of preposition to take on is very unnerving and scary I'm sure, and probably why you don't feel positive about your success.

My advice, forget about the ''''ULTIMATE''''' goal for the time being.

Your first goal is to lose one pound by this day next week. This goal includes cutting out ONE unhealthy snack you usually eat a day for this week and to take a morning walk before breakfast for 20 minutes. When you've completed this goal, come back to here and work out the next short-term goal.

I HAVE DARED YOU TO TAKE ON THIS CHALLENGE :D:laugh: :happy: :flowerforyou:

Good luck, you can do it!!
  • beccadoll86
    Options
    Hi!! I am a mommy of 2, and 206 lbs. I am only 5'1 :(

I am super motivated though to get this weight off because I hate myself!!

We can do this!!

I am looking to make new friends, and help motivate others along the way.

Anyone can add me :)
  • bruks91
    bruks91 Posts: 10
    Options
    Wow.... thank you everybody, im so glad i found MFP its amazing and full of amazing people.
  • wilberfamily
    wilberfamily Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'2" and at one point I weighed over 225. I lost 100 pounds and kept it off for five years. I gained back about 50 after cancer surgeries and I'm working on taking that back off. You can do it! Set smaller goals. They are so much more attainable and motivating when you reach them. I do non food rewards every 10 pounds and something really nice every 25. If you need a buddy I'm here for you.
  • jevellgraham
    Options
    Hello,

Name: Jevell G.
    Beginning Weight: 296.4 lbs
    Goal: 190
    Height: 6' 2"
    Day: 26 (started December 10, 2012)

I would like to add more friends to keep me motivated. I am currently a graduate nursing student at SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, NY. Thanks!

Sincerely,

Jevell
  • SoySalva
    SoySalva Posts: 138
    Options
    Your first victory....joining MFP....lots of awesome people here! You can and will succeed, just keep focused and if you should fall off the wagon as many of us have, GET UP, DUST YOURSELF OFF AND ON TO A HEALTHY NEW YOU.

I am 5ft 3in, 52 yrs old....started at 224lbs I am currently at 147lbs, so go for it!

Will be looking forward to your posts on success stories thread :flowerforyou:
  • zvezda11
    zvezda11 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'1 3/4" on a tall day, and i got down to 145. then i gained a lot back, now i'm 176 and here we go again!

we can do it!

Wow that's really similar to me! I'm 5'2 and weigh 175. I believe in us shorties!!!!!!

Anyhoo, feel free to add me anyone :) I'm realizing that having friends is very motivational. Seeing their efforts just makes you realize that you can do it too!
  • cfivecastles5
    Options
    You can do it if you take control! I am 5'9 and started last June at 256 lbs. I finally told myself I could do it and I'm doing it! Everyday gets easier and if you mess up start again the next day! I set small goals of just 2lbs a week and so far I'm down to 196lbs. Find stuff you like, I think that's important. I also started the Insanity program, it was a disguisting sight at first I could barely get through the 5 min warm up but I took lots of breaks until I could finally get through it. I did what I could and tried harder everyday and I knew as long as I did what I could I would see results. I still have 40lbs to go but I have now inspired my husband and daughter to start doing it with me! For the 1st time in 16 years I feel good and starting to do things I loved as a kid. My fitness pal is a great way to get motivation and to track your food!
  • Esther50
    Esther50 Posts: 252
    Options
    Bruks91,
    I was 213 lbs, 5' 1", and age 50.
    Something made me think. Sounds like something has made you think.
    That's all it takes, now do something. Like many have said, one small step at a time.
    That is all it takes to get started.
    You are so young , you have a long wonderful life in front of you. And a child that will love you and help you thru this not even knowing. Those trips to the park will count.
    Add me as a friend and I will do the best I can to help you thru the tough times
    Keep your chin up, you are on the way to a healthy life and it will feel good and you will be much happier.
    Lots of hugs!
  • AEFidgets
    AEFidgets Posts: 243
    Options
    Of course you can do it!! It just takes time to do it in a healthy fashion. I'm 5'3 and I started here at 216 so I feel your pain about mirrors and the like. Please add me if you want.
  • nuemmedigg
    nuemmedigg Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm 4'10 and 223.6 at the moment. I'm also looking to be healthy as the ultimate goal. In the meantime, small steps like no eating 3 hours before bedtime and walking 30 minutes x 3/week is what I'm doing. Lost 1.4 lbs the first week. Feel free to add me as friend and all the best with your goal..
  • VeronicaAM
    Options
    Congrats in your decision this can be a fun journey to a new better healthier you, if you see it like a big sacrifice will be hard you can also see it as getting to a brand new adventure and there is too much support out there nobody said that is easy but will be the best thing you can do for yourself and your child, Take it easy and do not get overwhelmed thinking about the huge picture enjoy the ride and take one day at the time. You can do it  BRAVO FOR YOU
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    hello , and welcome!.. from another 5´2¨ shorty :smile:
  • slackerlibrarian
    slackerlibrarian Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 5'9 and about 210...my goal for this year is to get physically and fiscally in shape! :wink:
  • momtothreebabies
    momtothreebabies Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm a newbie also!! I'm 5'2 and 248 lbs!! so girl we can do this together!!!! I'm so excited!! I'm blogging about my journey at www.softmommy.blogspot.com it kind of gives my background etc... and I'm hoping to make lots of friends on here so we can all encourage each other! I'm so excited!!! Tomorrow is my first official day of tracking calories and exercise!! woot woot!! we can do this!! :):flowerforyou:
  • VeronicaAM
    Options
    Be Good and Loving to you as you would be to a child , that is an important step to accept that you need to work to get where you want to be , but be kind to you :)