Newbie day 2: in need of pals!

Options
I just want to hear some testimonials that this really works! I'm motivated and hopeful that I can drop 20lbs with a little time and dedication!

Replies

• sveltekitty
    Options
    Added you :)
  • isitpancakes
    Options
    I'm on day 3... I'm actually having fun keeping track of what I'm eating. Even though it's scary! I'm looking to lose at least 60lbs eventually but just taking a day at a time.
  • MarshallLuke
    MarshallLuke Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I dropped more than 30 pounds and went from being proud of running three miles to running a marathon. So yeah, if you stick with it, this site does help. :)
  • jmccorm_88
    jmccorm_88 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    THANKS!
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    Options
    There are more than a few people on here that can testify that this works... if you make it work. I'm one of them.

The real key here is to not get hung up on the numbers - if you went over by 2 calories last night don't post it on the forums and ask what you should do - you're gonna be fine.

also

Don't stress if your weight fluctuates - it will - so don't obsess over weighing in every day. And, third, get involved in the community - I've met some awesome people on here who've turned into RL (real life) friends and even met my girlfriend on here.

BTW - Invite INCOMING!
  • jmccorm_88
    jmccorm_88 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I agree with the fact that it is fun keeping track of all I eat! I just hope I don't get bored with it! haha but so far so good ...I'm addicted to checking my nutritional facts and making sure I do SOME sort of exersize even if its little. Trying to start small and work my way up :)
  • ByronJP
    ByronJP Posts: 67
    Options
    Starting small is the best way to go and work up from there. I am very keen on exercising where I have lost 40lbs in 2 months a few years back naturally. A lot of cardio! Started at about 20 mins 4 times a week and gradually moved up to an hour or more almost everyday. Now this was a few years ago and I've packed a lot of pounds on since with my wife and I both being "foodies" and loving to cook an eat food. Now I'm on my road to recovery again and I know I will get there. This site is awesome for support and keeping track of everything and even finding new exercise routines. Hope you enjoy :-) feel free to follow me on my journey.
  • matt3695
    Options
    I have lost 42 lbs so far just like everyone has said just have fun with it exercise when you can. It realy is a lifestyle change so just work it in little by little!!
  • BSH2622
    BSH2622 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Christmas day marked my 16 month anniversary and i am down 196 pounds. Its not always easy but don't get "bored", stay at it. like one said, no big deal if you go over a little, BUT LOGGING DAILY IS THE KEY !! I found MFP 4 months after i had started my life change and i have not missed a day. It really helps me to stay on track!!! GOOD LUCK and DO NOT GIVE UP !!
  • LeslieN65
    LeslieN65 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Yes, keeping up with the calories consumed and burned, nutrition intake ect is def interesting! I even got my hubby keeping up a little:) I have kept a food dairy off n on for a couple of years....keeps me honest:)
  • jevellgraham
    Options
    Hello,

Name: Jevell G.
    Beginning Weight: 296.4 lbs
    Goal: 190
    Height: 6' 2"
    Day: 26 (started December 10, 2012)

I would like to add more friends to keep me motivated. I am currently a graduate nursing student at SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, NY. Thanks!

Sincerely,

Jevell