My fitbit made everything go crazy!

Options
I synched my new FitBit with MFP today. And all of a sudden it is telling me I have expended over 5700 calories today and now I have 4433 calories remaining on MFP??? I didn't even start using it until over 1/2 way through the day. I am SOOOO confused! Help please!

Replies

• shaycg21
    Options
    I was coming here to ask the same question. Hopefully someone will help. I didn't even excercise bit it is giving me credit in mfp
  • valcladdagh
    valcladdagh Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Just got one today and haven't tried to link it yet, so I am looking for advice too.
  • danijohnson
    danijohnson Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am hoping it is just a glitch because it's the first day. I entered my workout this morning before firing up the fitbit, so it was already counted. And I have been working all afternoon/evening, so I have basically been on my rear most of the time since I started using this thing...yet it's saying I've burned (now) almost 6,000 calories????
  • lois4468
    lois4468 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    If you are using theFitbit you do NOT log exercise on MFP. Fitbit talks to MFP and updates it as the day goes as long as you are on the Fitbit website letting it update that site. Look under groups for more info. Several groups out there.
  • danijohnson
    Options
    lois4468 - Really? MFP said I should be logging everything there and not to the fitbit? If it were an issue with me logging my workout, it only 1 spinning class and was worth 477 calories. That doesn't explain 4500 extra calories. Ugh. I am going to have to go back and read everything over again. Either this is a glitch or I am doing something seriously wrong. Thanks!
  • jonbobfrog
    Options
    It's my understanding that the fitbit logs calories burned even at rest ... a loose calculation at best, I'm sure. I got a fitbit for Christmas but have decided not to link it to MFP. I use it mostly for the number of steps I've taken and I'm super intrigued by the sleep tracker part!
  • danijohnson
    Options
    jonbobfrog - If it keeps acting crazy I will probably just disconnect it from MFP. I am like you and really just wanted it to help me keep tabs on my activity level. But it would be nice if it actually did work with MFP like it's suppose to. :-/
  • shaycg21
    Options
    jonbobfrog - If it keeps acting crazy I will probably just disconnect it from MFP. I am like you and really just wanted it to help me keep tabs on my activity level. But it would be nice if it actually did work with MFP like it's suppose to. :-/

I wanted it to work to so I could record some exercise calories
  • Matilda444WECHANGED
    Options
    FWIW; my FitBit is working just fine.
  • griffx12
    griffx12 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I only log on MFP - and it works!!! Love the sleep reports.