Newbie (day 3) 5'4 - 177lbs and wedding in 126 Days!

Options
Hi All,

My name is Sam and I found this website via an article I read about successful weight-loss practices. I'm getting married in May and I have my dress ready to go! Though I think and feel that I am beautiful in it, I know that I can look even better with some toned arms and more confidence in my body. I started running again (I used to do it all of the time) and it is really helping me think and stay focused. I really hope being able to track my progress will help me achieve my goals. Wish me luck on my quest!

Best,

Sam

Replies

• toshi89
    toshi89 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

My name is Sam and I found this website via an article I read about successful weight-loss practices. I'm getting married in May and I have my dress ready to go! Though I think and feel that I am beautiful in it, I know that I can look even better with some toned arms and more confidence in my body. I started running again (I used to do it all of the time) and it is really helping me think and stay focused. I really hope being able to track my progress will help me achieve my goals. Wish me luck on my quest!

Best,

Sam

Wow. Good luck. I am also getting married. My wedding is in June. I have my dress, but it was too small(only slightly) & it was the last one ever made, so I HAD to get it or I would never be able to. I started my journey before Thanksgiving, and over indulged gaining back the weight I lost. by New Years. I understand what you're trying to do and I hope you succeed. I'm sure you look beautiful in your dress and will have a splendid day.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I think it's great both of you are on here to make a positive change, but I hope it continues past your wedding day - eating right and treating your body well should be something you do for life, not just for the big day! I wish you the best and hope you accomplish your goals =)
  • paradog
    paradog Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Being healthy for your wedding is a great way to start your new life! But it is just one day...what is your plan after that? Wish you the greatest success in achieving your goals!
  • ccantu19
    Options
    Hi everyone, :)

My name is Christina and I am 19. I've been struggling with my weight all my life and have fallen off the new lifestyle again and again. This past 2 weeks I have lost 6 lb. on my own but thought using mfp would be very helpful in my journey.

Good luck everyone on your journeys

Christina
  • macantrell
    macantrell Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    What an exciting time for you! Good luck in your journey and blessing for your nuptial. Take care of YOU and enjoy this very special time!
  • jkcrawford
    jkcrawford Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Hi I am also getting married in May, I have 137 days to get ready. I plan on working hard to look awesome for the wedding and continue to work hard after the wedding to look awesome the rest of my life.

Congrats to everyone.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your wedding. If you're wanting to tone up, I'd look into adding some weights to your exercise. Go for compound exercises and lift heavy if you can. If you're not a member of a gym, you can still work out at home with no special equipment.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/
  • toshi89
    toshi89 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I think it's great both of you are on here to make a positive change, but I hope it continues past your wedding day - eating right and treating your body well should be something you do for life, not just for the big day! I wish you the best and hope you accomplish your goals =)

I definitely plan for it to continue. I have actually just fell off about a year ago and picked up some pounds. I am trying to get back to the healthy lifestyle I had in high school. I was on the track team & played volleyball. I want to play sports again & eat healthy so my husband and I can live a long life & be an example to our children.