Tea and curbing sweet cravings

Options
2»

Replies

• ApocalypticFae
    ApocalypticFae Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    TEA SAVED ME!!! :) Seriously - it totally helped me reach my GW for the same reasons... it curbed my cravings! My favorite teas I found that helped me:

1. Coconut Chai (by Zhena's Gypsy Tea - black tea, though!)
    2. Sugar Plum (by Celestial Seasoning - it's seasonal, but you can get it from their web site!)
    3. Bengal Spice (by Celestial Seasoning)
    4. Tahitian Vanilla Hazelnut (by Yogi Tea)

They're all awesome with a splash of milk, too (I think)! They're sweet and fantastic!

Thanks for the list of your favorites, sounds good! Just tested a few at Teavana the other day and they were amazing.
  • Angylgrrl
    Angylgrrl Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I ABSOLUTELY think that tea helps to curb my sweets cravings! I drink mostly herbal teas without any sugar or milk. I love peach and mint teas, chamomile blends- honestly, pretty much all of them. However, when I'm having sweets cravings, teas that have cinnamon or some kind of spice really help me. I think it tricks me into fulfilling the craving of a baked good without the actual bread/pastry. I've been drinking Celestial Seasonings Cinnamon Apple, but they have a Bengal Spice that someone recommended to me, which I'll try next. They also have a seasonal tea called Nutcracker Sweet, I believe. Try cinnamon tea, it's amazing!
  • Ari112233
    Ari112233 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I drink licorice tea all day at work to help keep out of other people's candy dishes. How does anyone have candy at their desk and not eat it all in one day, I'll never know. If the tea doesn't cut the craving I eat a few almonds or drink miso soup.
  • lamby284
    lamby284 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    i find that the fruity teas and teas that taste like foods (like pumpkin spice tea) make me hungry. a plain green or black tea has the opposite effect so i stick with that
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    as far as brands go i really like Republic of Tea and Yogi. My all time favorite tea in the whole world is Republic of Tea Apple Blossom Green Tea. It is just so lovely, delicate, fragrant, and feels special.

I like any brand of earl grey tea.

Yogi teas often include trace amounts of stevia or other naturally sweet herbs. (You can look at each kind and see what is contained w/in each 1). I really like these bc there is no need to sweeten them. My fav Yogi tea is Vanilla Hazelnut. The ingredients of this tea are Organic cinnamon bark, organic roasted chicory root, carob pod, date powder, organic cardamom seed, organic ginger root, natural hazelnut and vanilla flavors and other natural flavors, organic clove bud, organic black pepper, and stevia leaf.
    This tea is just so comforting and yummy and no additional sweetener is needed imo.

Of course, I am Southern so there is always Red Diamond tea in the house - always! This brand, however, is exclusively used for iced/sweet tea.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I am a coffee and tea person. I have a whole cupboard of tea options. My favorite brand is probably Yogi because they sell stuff that is for energy, sore throat, stomach ache and every little thing that ailes you. Next I likeTazo, Bigelow and Stash. In the black tea, I put a little of the low calorie almond milk which is only 10 calories for a 1/3 cup. Recently I have been adding 1 TBS chia seeds (30 calories) to my tea. It is suppose to expand and make me feel fuller. They taste like little gel balls.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    I just discovered this the other day. definitely helpful. I've been working towards reducing my sugar in coffee and tea, too. Finally found a tea that i genuinely like the taste of with no sugar in it. It' seasonal, though. :(
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Bigelow Cinnamon Stick Tea. It doesn't need any sweetening at all. I love it!
  • runrockclimb
    Options
    I haven't given up coffee with sugar in the mornings...nor do I have any plans of ever giving up coffee with sugar. It's something I incorporate into my diet. I am sure my weight loss would be a lot harder and faster without my sugary coffee fixes three or four times a day, but it ain't happening. Sometimes I cut back on the sugar a little in the coffee and put cinammon in there, but it's not the same.
    Tea is not replacing my coffee... now way, coffee is my morning drink of choice. I won't give it up because I love it. I too add sugar and *gasp* half and half. I like it too much to not drink it, and its not about the caffeine, I just love the taste. But a cup or two of coffee in the scope of a whole day just ain't a big deal.
    The tea helps in the evenings when what I want is dessert.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Twinings Peppermint Tea while nibbling a square of Lindt Dark Chocolate.
    Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice with a splash of cream. (Drinking it now)
    Celestial Seasonings Cinnamon Apple.
  • runrockclimb
    Options
    I have noticed that the cinnamon and cardamon tea I just bought has been really great at helping deal with the cravings, same with the raspberry tea.
    And thanks everyone for all the great ideas for new teas to try. Its kind of exciting to think about. :-) I get bored easily so options are always a plus.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I love tea. I like black teas with flavors like vanilla bean or cardamom. Rooibos is delicious. I like green and white teas. I like Spearmint tea! Cinnamon. And really just all kinds. There are some great tea shops like David's Tea and Tea Desire. I like Numi brand Tea a lot. I also enjoy tea as a warm relaxing treat or a pick me up.