Feeling horrible about myself (long sorry)

Options
I love to workout and everything about fitness. Before I had my daughter I lost roughly 100 pounds, crazy I know! I was training to run my first 5K last July well that didn't happen because I sprained my ankle in June. I was still on crutches when that race happened. I was so dissapointed. I gained weight because I wasn't as active as I was, even though going up and down the stairs to kiss my kids goodnight and tuck them in at night was a challenge! The following December I got pregnant and I had the best intentions of working out through as much of the pregnancy as I could. Well, during this time (and I still am) attending grad school and taking an online class so I can go for my nursing home administrators licensure after I graduate. It has been taking a toll on my mentally, physically and emotionally....I am sure the emotions has something to do with giving birth three months ago, but whatever. Then I told myself, ok, self...lol...Monday I am going to start to workout. I did a week worth of a JM dvd and then stopped because everyone in my house got sick. Then I vowed to start again on my Christmas break from school....well I go back on Thursday and all I have done is shovel the driveway the past two days. So now I am telling myself after my online class is over with I can do it...I guess what I am trying to get at is that I have had so many ups and downs lately with myself and how I feel/look in the mirror I just miss the old, happier me. I know she is deep down inside me, just don't know how to get her out :(

Thanks for "listening"

Replies

• paradog
    paradog Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    No doubt there is a lot on your plate! With that established lets move forward, the past is done. Don't relive it.

small steps...find 15-30minutes of you time...not for studying, watching kids, chores, etc

I wake up an hour early so I can exercise because once the day begins there is no time. Sure missing an hour sleep sucks, but I feel better having exercised. I am less stressed and feel more in control. One day at a time. Do it for yourself and get those around you to cheer you on!