Trying out a 24 hour fitness

Options
So I'm going to go to a 24 hour fitness tonight using a free 3 day pass. It's not my usual gym, but my usual gym isn't open till 10am on Sundays and I don't want to wait that long. Any protips from someone who has gone there? I expect to be treated poorly and given every kind of salespitch just from stepping into the place, but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised? :wink:

Replies

• kodibear123
    kodibear123 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I actually like 24 hour fitness. I belong to them and Chuze Fitness. I think it's much cheaper to go through Costco. Good luck! :)
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Mine rocks. It's just kinda crowded. You gotta know when to go.
  • mrykyldy2
    mrykyldy2 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You just have to know how to tell them you just want to go in and work out. I personally like my 24 hour facility I go to. I never had any pressure to buy any training sessions or anything else. The only complaint I have is that a lot of the equipment seems to be own for repairs.
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Yes I just went and it was cool. Nobody was there, which I love. There were some machines that were broken and it was dusty as hell, looked like some of the equipment was bought in the 80's and never serviced. But I didn't have any problems, guy working there was nice and I didn't get the hard sell I was expecting. So, decent experience. :drinker: