Bad sodium girl.... Bad! Now put the salt DOWN!

Options
:laugh: Well, I've been eatting way way more sodium than I should! Today isn't going to be much better either. Just eatting what's in the house till I can get to shopping. Anyway, I'm up 2 LBS this morning... :grumble: Only thing I can think of is my salts have been way way over for about three days. Yesterday after the gym I even noticed one of my calves was dramaticly more swollen than the other one!!! I also had a pretty intense weight session as well.

Yeah, my lunch today is packed with sodium as well, but I can't hit the store till payday. I'm just trying to keep a positive look at it. I didn't gain 2 pounds, it's water weight. :drinker:

Replies

• flinchyny
    flinchyny Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    It seems the only way to stay under the sodium totals is to avoid pretty much all packaged foods and lunch meats. It's crazy how much sodium is crammed into canned and boxed foods!
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    You know that your doing everything your supposed to do so dont sweet the water weight. Your awesome and when you get paid you will just adjust what you buy.
  • Cathyvil
    Cathyvil Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I do most of my shopping on Sundays and last week I didn't plan very well. Yesterday was a sodium disaster for me. I refuse to get on the scale until I can flush more of this out of my system :laugh:
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    You know that your doing everything your supposed to do so dont sweet the water weight. Your awesome and when you get paid you will just adjust what you buy.

Yes... and just think that old scale and your measurments will both drop!!! :bigsmile: Think positive, definitely!!! :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    Not sure if you add salt to your food or not, but if that's a problem I would suggest Mrs. Dash. My husband is addicted to salt and I finally said that's enough. I bought Mrs. Dash & he loves it! Many times that is the only thing I but on things like frozen veggies-yum! Hope that helps!!
  • dolce7vita
    Options
    I feel like water weight happens to me every weekend. I usually flush it out by drinking water mixed with whole cranberry and lemon juices... I swear, I regulary gain and lose 4lbs due to sodium, its so crazy. Like the other person said, don't sweat the water weight if you're doing everything else right, it doesn't even matter.
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who goes over on sodium. I bought Sahlens turkey breast this week to make sandwiches from thinking that it would be better than the ham we've been eating.... not on the sodium! The turkey had over 100mg more per serving!

I'm going to have to go buy a turkey breast and cook and slice it myself for lunch meat. My husband likes a sandwich everyday and I've become addicted to makingmy own lettuce wraps.
  • Ang8178
    Ang8178 Posts: 308
    Options
    Lunch meat kills me!!! Sometimes it's just the fastest thing I can grab druing the day :tongue: I'm not a salt junkie either! I only add garlic salt to meats. Most of mine comes from lunch meats, processed foods...etc. I always get high sodium when I eat a wrap for lunch :wink: Oh and the high sodium yesterday was from pork rinds :laugh: But that salty was soooo good :tongue: OK so tomorrow I will behave again and stop eatting so many slaty foods :ohwell:
  • mudgemoe
    mudgemoe Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I never really gave sodium a thought until I read something about it this morning. So I just added Sodium to my Food Diary so I can track it. I think I'm already over 50% of todays sodium. But tomorow is another day - so I'll just plan better! And here I though Deli chicken was GOOD for me! And like most of the posts here - my weight fluctuates even though I might be under goal on calories - so now I'll blame it on the sodium and water weight!
  • scaredofcoasters
    scaredofcoasters Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have high blood pressure, and after it skyrocketed for a checkup, I decided to cut as much sodium as I could. It's tough, but my blood pressure (according to a home digital bp cuff) has come back down to...still elevated but better. Eat natural foods. Crave sugar? Eat an apple or banana. Cook with herbs and spices, instead of salt, and if you want meat, cook a turkey yourself for dinner and use the leftovers for sandwiches. Anything from the deli is guaranteed to have high sodium. Also, pick up Whole grain bread. Whole wheat is pretty much brown white bread, so look for whole grain. Its lower in sodium and much better for you overall.