Pain from Biking- TMI

Options
Hi.
I have been doing the stationary bike like an hour to hour and 1/2 everyday. Does anyone ever get a sore bum or even near the pubic bones? I have been really sore in the evening after doing this and wondering if this is what its from. I sure the extra weight on it isnt helping. HELP!

Replies

• drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    This is why they sell seat pads :bigsmile: It does happen (not to me lately as I no longer ride - but in years past when I rode bike I had to get a seat pad). :flowerforyou:
  • cashmandue
    cashmandue Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've actually bought some bike shorts with the pad in the shorts - it helps. I put on a pair of loose sweat shorts over the top because I personally do not think they are very flattering on me. :)
  • Willow_28
    Options
    I used to bike long distances every day and I also was uncomfortable after... I also found a padded seat helped as well...
  • mschelle
    mschelle Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    How long have you been doing it? I find that when I'm off the bike (winter), then go back to it, I can't sit after the first few rides, but eventually my butt gets used to it. I do use a padded seat, though, and I know that helps.
  • jbuffan218
    jbuffan218 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Thats why you see the bike seats with that funky hole in the front.
    Yes, I would guess that is why you are sore.
    Try changing the seat I think you will be much more comfortable.
    Ouch!
  • csw5048
    Options
    This is called saddle sore. Bike shorts with chamois (padding) and chamois cream (anti-bacterial & cooling) help quite a bit.