NSV Diet Coke/Coke

Options
I'm 5 days in and I'm proud to say I haven't had any soda AT ALL and haven't missed it! This is coming from a girl who would drink 6-12 cans a day and no water (no joke!) .... It's been all water, skim milk, and the occasional coffee. YAY!

Replies

• Ready2Serve
    Ready2Serve Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Good for you Ang,
    It is always the little wins that add up making us reach our big goals. Keep up the good work.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Good job! I haven't had more than 1-2 sodas a year since 2005. haven't missed it at all!
  • rousehouse
    rousehouse Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I'm off the soda too, it's been 12 weeks.
  • breasonable
    breasonable Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! You will never miss it!!! I was the exact same way! Diet coke all day long! I have not had one since the end of August! I do not miss it at all!!! Water water water and oh some more water please!!!!!!
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Great work! I switched to Diet Soda a few years ago, but do not have the discipline to quit soda completely. I am a serious caffeine addict!
  • aRustyAnGie
    aRustyAnGie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone!
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I haven't been much of a soda drinker in a long time but I used to be so I understand! If you drank regular soda, that equals a LOT of calories out of your diet!! Congrats!
  • chatondoux
    Options
    I've been to diet soda since the new year which is huge for me.. super pop addict like you say I could drink cans and cans a day :\ Love that mountain dew but sadly it does not love me back ): And the diet version of it IMO tastes like crap. So pretty much just drink diet coke now. I don't think I could give it up completely tho at least not now if I don't have something other than water I think I might die LOL :) Great job on giving it up! Even more so totally cool that you don't miss it :) That is awesome!
  • BeckyS32
    BeckyS32 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Great job! That is not an easy thing to do.

I am drinking my last one right now. Well, that is the goal anyway! I do well at home because if I don't buy it, then it is not around. However, then I go to work...Dr. Pepper seems to be my counselor when I get stressed. And of course, there are pop machines all over the place! Grr......
    Hopefully, I will post the same success as yours, next week!

Feel free to add me as a friend. Maybe we can get over our "addiction" together! =)
  • cats121
    cats121 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I LOVE regular Coke *sigh* but it doesn't love me. I didn't intend to give it up altogether (probably had 1-2 per day and more if I was stressed) but given the calories I have to eat in order to lose weight, I just started making other choices. Haven't had a Coke since May 24th and I LOVE regular soda so you can do it!!!
  • wickedbrunette
    Options
    Same here! It's been all water, all day for a little over a week. It hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be. I had to stop drinking pop during my pregnancy just 5 months ago and I had to drink 12oz of water pretty much every hour due to complications. Yay for no pop!
  • RyanWilson1993
    RyanWilson1993 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Coke Zero
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!