Birthday cake?

Options
Okay, I couldn't help it, it was my dad's birthday, so I had to have a piece of cake! I don't know how many calories to log it as though... It was a two-layer marble cake with frosting... does anyone have a good estimation?

Replies

• truedecember
    truedecember Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Okay, I couldn't help it, it was my dad's birthday, so I had to have a piece of cake! I don't know how many calories to log it as though... It was a two-layer marble cake with frosting... does anyone have a good estimation?
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    I usually pick something from the starbucks calorie listing. I would guess (if I cut the cake :bigsmile: ) it would be between 5-600 calories.
  • enigmakey
    enigmakey Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    It's around 250 for a 1/2 slice. I would say 550-600 to be safe. Just exercise it off tomorrow. Hope your your Dad had a great bday:drinker:
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I know it doesn't matter when you aren't the one making the cake, but I have found that if you make the cake with a diet soda it is much more friendly to the food log at the end of the day! My daughter is allergic to eggs so this is what I do whenever she wants cupcakes.

We use a box of strawberry cake mix and 1 can diet sprite then bake according to box. Look at the boxes for the lowest cal one.

Cupcakes work better then making a cake though.

Don't feel bad about indulging at the party though, we have all been there!! Foretunatly birthdays only come along so often.