Recommendations for eating "burned calories" back?

Options
Hi guys and gals,

I have started running again, and am looking for a way to gain back the lost calories I lose while running, without being unhealthy. I need quick and easy fixes, because I'm still a student and not very talented in the kitchen, so if anyone has some good, calorie-filled(not necessarily carb-filled) snacks or lunches, I'd be happy to hear it :)

Replies

• julesan902
    julesan902 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    If you're trying to lose weight, why would you want to eat "burned calories" back? This will only prolong weight loss.
  • gemmalu
    gemmalu Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You may need to eat some calories back - you shouldn't go below your BMR as this will put your body into starvation mode and it will hold onto the calories you do take in. There are loads of threads about this already which offer advice on this.

In terms of exercise calories, I like to exercise to eat rather than eat and then exercise :-)
  • hey_everyday
    hey_everyday Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    boiled egg! :)
  • ashleybreuer
    ashleybreuer Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    If you're trying to lose weight, why would you want to eat "burned calories" back? This will only prolong weight loss.

Wrong - OP needs to fuel his/her body and you can't do that safely but having such a drastic calorie deficit. It's in the best interest to eat those calories back and it will not prolong weight loss if he/she is still at a deficit from TDEE.
  • ashleybreuer
    Options
    Hi guys and gals,

I have started running again, and am looking for a way to gain back the lost calories I lose while running, without being unhealthy. I need quick and easy fixes, because I'm still a student and not very talented in the kitchen, so if anyone has some good, calorie-filled(not necessarily carb-filled) snacks or lunches, I'd be happy to hear it :)

Bagel with peanut butter and banana or chocolate milk
  • julesan902
    julesan902 Posts: 79 Member
    Options

Wrong - OP needs to fuel his/her body and you can't do that safely but having such a drastic calorie deficit. It's in the best interest to eat those calories back and it will not prolong weight loss if he/she is still at a deficit from TDEE.

I can't see their daily caloric goals. What is "drastic" to you?
  • GosuLoli
    Options
    Scrabled egg on wholemeal toast usually works for me - you generally need protein after exercise. It's really quick and easy too :)
  • ashleybreuer
    Options

I can't see their daily caloric goals. What is "drastic" to you?

If OP is burning 700 - 1000 calories running and their settings are already at a deficit, they are consuming under BMR which is not healthy. Their are hundreds of threads about eating back exercise calories. I'm training for a half marathon and i have to eat back all the calories i burn in order to fuel my body to be able to continue running the way I do and will be. Hope that makes sense; I haven't looked at OP's settings but i'm going on the assumption they are already set at a deficit without exercise calories.