Need some more motivation for going the last pounds

Options
Hi guys and gals,

I have been losing weight for the last 6 months, and have been doing pretty well so far. But, I find it almost impossible to find any kind of contacts here in MFP. I just don't know how it works(granted, I have a little bit of a confidence problem).

I still need to lose 5 kg(having lost 10 already), and could use some friendly advice, as well as giving others some of my advice what worked and didn't. ;)

Replies

• annsies
    annsies Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I have lose about 10 lbs but would still like to lose about 5-10 more. I've been yo-yo-ing between my current weight, 140, and my ideal weight of 133 for the past several months. I've noticed a few things.

1. Food is the primary driver. When I'm keeping track of everything and never cheating I lose weight. But when I'm cheating I barely budge even while exercising regularly.

2. Regular cardio doesn't cut it any more. A jog doesn't do nearly as much for me as it used to. I have to integrate interval training and weights in to see a bigger impact.

Although I have to admit that my #1 problem is that as soon as I get to a weight I'm happy with, I lose interest in MFP :(. I'd appreciate any comments on how to lose those last few lbs and how to stay motivated while just trying to maintain!
  • ppmiaumiau
    ppmiaumiau Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a similar problem. I get close to my goal of 135, get excited 'cause I'm so close,and don't try as hard. And before I know it, I've gained ten pounds.
  • DanTillson
    DanTillson Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    " The key to my exercise program is this one simple truth: I hate my body. Do you understand the second you look in the mirror and you’re happy with what you see, baby, you just lost the battle. "- Scrubs (Not a fan, but good quote!)

I set long term goals/events to be fit for rather than just a weight goal. If you know you're doing a run or a climb or something (esp for charity, more people you're helping and depend on your results the better) helps keep motivation rather than just doing something for yourself. I used to lose interest within weeks of starting to eat healthy / exercising for the past decade and it's only thing that successfully changed me long term. 2013 is the third year I am helping to organise an event, obviously have the charity dependant on our support, team there for each other as well as a set date you've committed to.

Deadlines with 3-6 months end dates work well for me. On the days you don't want to gym or you want to eat crap then you don't stick to your goals for you, it's for the team, for the charity etc. ...

Works for me, and does that bit of good for charities too :)