Dinner Ideas

Options
I am trying my fitness pal for the second time. The first time I only did it for 2 weeks. I am determined this time. Anyway, I am looking for cheap and/or fast dinner ideas. Thanks!

Replies

• Andicat14
    Options
    I am looking for some good dinner ideas too!
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    My go to dish for freezing

Any lean meat
    Tinned tomatoes
    Your choice if beans, or lentils if you prefer
    Taco seasoning
    Your choice of vegetable (reccommend corn, sweet potato, leek, spinach, celery)
    Chicken or veg stock

Throw all ingredients in slow cooker for 8 hours. Serve in pita bread, over rice, with veg, with eggs, however you like.
    Easy, low cal, filling and delicious.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Another easy dinner I like is

Turkey or chicken sausages (lean)
    Tomatoes
    Red onion
    Capsicum
    Zucchini
    Eggplant

Roughly chop sausages and vegetables into large pieces. Put into a roasting dish. Spray lightly with Evoo. Add garlic, chilli and mixed herbs to taste. Put in oven at 180c until sausage is cooked (I normally do about 35 mins)

I normally serve this with a poached egg on top. Also goes well with a dash of balsamic vinegar and pasta or rice
  • TaniaB_79
    TaniaB_79 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My easy dinner is risotto, we always have mushrooms, onions, leeks and peas to use up. Yes I put a glass of wine in which will push up the cals a bit but it has plenty of flavour and I naturally eat smaller portions of rice and pasta.

Anyway if you want my prawn risotto recipe:

Fry one onion in about 2 teaspoons of oil, finely chopped, add a minced clove of garlic, add 1-2 leeks once the onions have softened, after 2-3 minutes add a handful of frozen peas. After another minute add about 350g of risotto rice, stirring until the rice has absorbed the oil/liquid, add a glass of wine and stir until all absorbed. Then add 1.2litres of hot vegetable stock a ladleful at a time until rice is cooked. Stir through cooked prawns just before serving. (You can add parmesan if you choose, I also add lots of black pepper)

I don't stir risotto constantly but often enough to ensure the rice doesn't stick.