Question about Raspberry Ketone

I was reading up on raspberry ketone and was wondering what you all think of it. I bought it to start using it but after reading the label, I'm curious. It says that if you have a family history of diabetes (and boy do I ever!) to consult a physician. Now call me lazy but I don't really care to see a doctor just to ask about this herb.

So my question is, should I use it or should I stop being lazy and go see my doctor first?

Replies

• now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    I wouldn`t use it... it hasn`t been proven to work at all.

If you can I would return it... the stuff doesn`t work.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    No human trials. All the animal trial that were successful the rodents were fed significantly larger quantities than you will be taking. Most of the stuff on the shelves contains very small amounts, you'd have to take several bottles at a time to reach an adequate dose to even get close to seeing something happen.
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    I personally haven't tried them and I would never admit to knowing anything about them but I did have a friend use them and swear they helped her lose but again, that's my friend's experience.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    If you are going to use any supplements then you should follow the instructions. If it says consult your doctor if....and you have the qualifier then you should consult your doctor before starting the course.

However I also share the school of thought that you are probably wasting your money on this stuff.:ohwell:

ETA. The two posters above have lost 100 lbs between them and not a Raspberry Ketone in sight. Great work both of you.
  • mlhjjm
    mlhjjm Posts: 36 Member
    I have a tiny bottle of it and haven't noticed the slightest difference.
  • Thanks for everybodies input. That's why I posted the question :) I will take all the info into consideration. After all that though, I will probably return it! Haven't opened it yet!!
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Anything promoted by Dr Quack Oz has to be suspect. Good old calories in, calories out is the way to lose weight.
  • Iceman420
    Iceman420 Posts: 195
    Back in November I bought a bottle of Rasberry Ketones, mainly because it was "promoted by Dr Oz". What a waste of money. The Ketones didn't help me one bit. I think they are a scam!
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    If you are going to use any supplements then you should follow the instructions. If it says consult your doctor if....and you have the qualifier then you should consult your doctor before starting the course.

However I also share the school of thought that you are probably wasting your money on this stuff.:ohwell:

ETA. The two posters above have lost 100 lbs between them and not a Raspberry Ketone in sight. Great work both of you.

Thank you so very much :smile: