I need Sunday help!

Options
I did not plan well for this week end nothing in the fridg. I am scared to go food shopping as I know I will make the wrong choises. Chips, pizza you know how that goes . I just need some words of strength to keep me on track. I have lost in total 43 pounds/ 22 with Fitnesspal. I have a goal for 50 lb more before my 60TH birthday this summer. Like the other person's note I read, I only see myself fat, I don't even notice the 43 I have lost. I must keep on track but my finger is ready to order that large extra cheese and mushroom pizza!! It's also snowing, not helping me go to market. HELP

Replies

• mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LEAVE THE PIZZA ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: It sounds like you've come a long way and you're so close to where you want to be that you CAN'T give up now from making bad food choices! If it's not safe to get to the store and you must order food get yourself a grilled chicken or steak salad (and maybe only eat half). Hang tight and don't give in!
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    My best advice that I can give you is before you go shopping is MAKE A LIST!!!! And, stick to it.

I do much better when I have a list to follow. I allow myself one item I can buy that is not on my list. It does take some control the first few times but you get used to it and it also takes less time because you aren't wondering around trying to decide what to get.

Lastly, I also find I do much better if I eat just a little something before I go.
  • smwert
    smwert Posts: 300
    Options
    You don't have anything in the fridge. No eggs. No cheese. How about an omlette! No cereal in the cupboard. That can be lunch as well - even dry w/ milk.

Be creative!:smile:
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    :mad: BACK AWAY FROM THE PIZZA... SLOWLY NOW... !!! :noway: Regroup and take a look in the pantry. Surely you have a can of soup? Something stuck in the back of the freezer you can utilize? Can of Tuna or Chicken Breast? Hang in there - you have come to far to back track NOW!!! :bigsmile:
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    epoeraven has hit the nail on the head exactly

Make a weekly meal plan, and only buy what you need.

Not only will you stay on track but you will save a fortune
  • mloren
    mloren Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much I will BACK AWAY FROM THE PIZZA......... and make a list, and plan for the rest of the day and week.