Rowing Machine=New Love

Options
I'm in love with the rowing machine at my gym. I was done with my elliptical workout and wanted to work my upper body. There were a few guys using the free weights and most of the free space, and there was a girl alternating on different machines so I was like aww I'll go back to my apartment and use my own dumbells. And then I saw the rowing machine. I had never used one, but had always wanted to. Despite not knowing much about it, I got it set up and started rowing. I had to put it on "10" in order to feel like I was getting a real workout, but at the end of the 10 minutes (started with 10 min. since it was new to me and didn't have a lot of time to kill anyway) I was feeling it all over. Not just in my arms and back, but my calves, the thighs a little, and my core. Next time I'll go on level 6 or 7 and go for half an hour probably. I'm now a rower! :-)

Replies

• PoisonSugar
    Options
    I love the row machine as well. It's fun and it's easy to do but burns so much! It's an excellent cardio option!! Kudos for finding a new love! :)
  • hallswan
    Options
    Rowing is great - I row - on the machine and on the river! great workout - but please make sure you are doing it right - use your legs, then back and finish with the arms - do not yank with your arms, you will hurt yourself!

But enjoy!, it is one of the best all over workouts!
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    Rowing is awesome with really great results,

I must say i love the elliptical trainer at the moment but rowing is a close second.

I agree with hallswan, also try to keep your movement nice and smooth, it makes a big difference