Hopeful for a new start this year!

Hi everyone. Could really use a lot of support and hoping this community is a good place to find it.

I'm 43 and have had chronic issues with autoimmune diseases for the last 18 years. Despite health issues that resemble lupus, MS and rheumatoid arthritis, I have managed to get my masters in teaching English, raise a set of triplets (1 boy, 2 girls - age 9) and marry my best friend and college sweetheart. The bane of my existence before getting ill was a 20 pound up and down through my teen years. About the time I had gotten this under control and learned a good balance of diet modification and exercise, I became very sick at age 26. Within 4 months I gained over 45 pounds that I have never been able to get off for any length of time. When I have relapses, the weight comes back on despite no eating changes.

Recently, I was also diagnoses with PCOS which is a hormonal/insulin disease associated with frequent ovarian cysts. I am on medication to regulate my insulin better (though never have had any issues with glucose/blood sugar). I am hoping that since the doctor found this issue I may have a better chance at losing the weight and keeping it off. The severely low carb diets recommended are not something I can maintain long term. So, I will have to work my way through what will help me.

Thanks for the listen and I hope to get to know some of you soon. Good luck to all!