Pasta & Spinach Tortilla / Omelette. *Pics!*

Options
HeidiMightyRawr
HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
Got this recipe from the "BBC Good Food" book. I have know idea why they call it a tortilla, as that's something completely different to me. It's really nice though, and I think it's a bit like an omelette, with pasta in! :D

The original recipe serves 4 and includes this:
- 85g pasta shells
- 450g fresh spinach leaves
- 8 eggs
- 100g mature cheddar, grated
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1tbsp oil

I used approximated half of that, and served that for just me (nutrition as shown)

tortilla_zps9d6cb953.jpg

Instructions:

- Cook the pasta as you usually would, in boiling water.
- Wash the spinach well and then put into another pan, on a medium heat, with just the water that clings to it.
- When the spinach starts to steam, cover and cook for 3-4 minutes until wilted. Heat the grill around this point.
- Drain the spinach really well and then roughly chop (I didn't chop it, I've just realised lol!) Mix into the drained pasta.
- Lightly beats the eggs and mix into the pasta with 3/4 of the cheese and all the tomatoes. Season. (I used mixed herbs)
- Put the oil into a large frying pan (I used a regular dish) and cook for around 10 minutes, until almost set.
- Sprinkle the omelette with the remaining cheese, then grill to brown the top (I didn't bother with this, I don't like it too well cooked)
- Serve warm or cold cut into wedges.

Mine turned out quite well, a lot better than expected! This sort of thing with me usually ends up falling to bits, but it held together really well. It only came apart where the serving utensil cut into it.

Photo0964_zpsd28d48e0.jpg

Photo0965_zpsacc94d30.jpg

Replies