How much weight are you using for 30DS?

Options
Today was day 2 of the 30 day shred. I was using 5 lb hand weights, but I think they may be too heavy for me right now. Just wondering how much weight everyone else is using.

Thanks!

Replies

• CloverCreeper
    CloverCreeper Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I bought some 5lb weights. They are a bit heavy at times but I try to push through.
  • KristiRTT
    KristiRTT Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I did 30DS last year! When I started it I used 3 lb weights! After a little while I moved up to 5 lbs. If the weights are too heavy you will not be doing to exercises correctly and can injure yourself. I have heard you can use cans of soup if you didnt want to buy 3lb weights !
  • shannonS108
    shannonS108 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I think I'll try cans of soup for the next few times, and move back up to 5 lbs when I am ready!
  • Lns25
    Lns25 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I swap between 1.5kg (3.3lbs) and 2kg (4.4lbs) hand weights.
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    When I started 30DS the first time in Sept 2012, I didn't have any weights at home to use. I started out with soda cans (12oz).. they were too light, but all I had at the time. Just before I went to Level 2, I bought a set of 3, 5 and 8 lb weights. I used the 3's all the way through. Now that I am doing 30DS in Jan again, I started with 5 lb weights. It's definitely harder but I have "felt the burn" since day 1. I can see that I am burning more calories, so that helps me push through.
  • strawberrygashes
    strawberrygashes Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I've always used 2kg (4.4lb) weights through all Jillian workouts. Definitely go down a notch if 5lb is currently too heavy, your risking injury, as some moves won't be performed properly. I'd suggest 3lb weights, and then do 30ds a second time round with your 5lb weights :)
  • kyrabeth1986
    kyrabeth1986 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Im using 1.5kg at the moment and im day 5 level 1
  • cask16
    cask16 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    started using 3lbs set, now redoing for jan at 4.4lbs each x
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Depends on the particular move (I swap them through out the whole work out, which ever level I do), but my 2kg (4.4lbs) or my 3kg (6.6lbs)...And sometimes my 4kg dumbbells (8.8lbs)