Low carbers... What do you eat?

Options
This week I'm going to try to stick to >75 grams of carbs a day... Just to see how I feel and if it makes more progress...

I have cut out carbs signicantly since starting dieting... Before I probably used to eat 300 if not more a day. I've been pretty good at keeping them between 100-150 everyday lately. But I want to go even lower this week.

What do you eat? Figuring mostly every single thing has carbs in it. Or anyone who is low carbing if I could look at your diary for an idea of how my day should be.

Replies

• 2gabbee
    2gabbee Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Search low carb on my fitness pal, Check the low carb groups recipes & ideas are posted, I have answered many recently as this morning someone new to low carb-Looking for snacks.
  • ailiel
    ailiel Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It's actually really easy (most of the time). I don't have any bread, rice, or sugar in the house. I also avoid beans. Done!

On a more practical standpoint, what do I eat? For me it's eggs, cheese, coffee with cream, salmon spread, fruits, veggies, tuna, tilapia, salads... and then sometimes I get creative and do crab stuffed mushrooms or something.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Make each meal a decent serving of protein (meat, fish, eggs) plus a huge pile of non starchy vegetables. There are plenty of veggies that have 0-4g of carbs per 100g serving - avocado, spinach, baby corn, broccoli, aubergine (eggplant), mushrooms, celery, cabbages, leeks, canned tomatoes, peppers, green beans, salad leaves, etc. You will have to use some that have more carbs to get the full rainbow of colours and a decent variety.

Add in plenty of nuts, seeds and cocoa powder for minerals and fibre without too many carbs (some nuts and seeds are lower than others). Choose traditional cheeses and plain yoghurt rather than milk and processed cheese, if you have a little fruit have low sugar ones, raspberries, blackberries and redcurrants are all about 5g per 100g, blueberries are 6g.

Don't assess things by cups, make a fair carb comparison by weight and set your servings accordingly. People keep claiming on here that things like carrots are high in sugar yet they really are not any worse than numerous other veggies if you compare the same weight. If you try to also moderate fat intake you may come unstuck nutritionally.