bariatric gastric sleeve buddies wanted

Hey folks I had a bariatric gastric sleeve preformed on Dec 3rd. Looking to see who is in the same boat as me. I've lost nearly half what i wanted to lose already, and feel great.

Replies

• melbogg
    melbogg Posts: 135 Member
    Hey there!! Got my sleeve late November, so Im in your boat except I've only lost 35 lbs.
    Still feeling great
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Hey there!! Got my sleeve late November, so Im in your boat except I've only lost 35 lbs.
    Still feeling great

"Only lost 35lbs" in a month and a half. Seriously......You should try being proud of that.
  • melbogg
    melbogg Posts: 135 Member
    Dont get me wrong, Im definitely proud and grateful!!!
    But the original poster said she already lost half her excess weight, where as I haven't reached 1/3 of mine
  • My gastric sleeve was done on Nov 2, 2012 :bigsmile:
    Not sure about anyone else but I have been struggling, at least I feel like I have. With the holidays right smack dab in the middle of my recovery, and stages, I have really pushed the envelope....
    I have no one to blame but myself for not doing what I SHOULD be doing, and my weight loss has shown it! :embarassed:
    I LOVE to walk, but exercise has been difficult with winter upon us, I suffer from fibromyalgia and arthritis and even with my WONDERFUL weight loss some days, I SUFFER in pain all day!! I have been working in my spare room painting and such it just doesn't seem to be enough.... :ohwell:
  • queenbelove
    queenbelove Posts: 33 Member
    Hello everyone,

I'm new to this whole thing. I had the sleeve done on May 19, 2012 (it was a revision from the Lap-Band). I have lost some, but I seem to be stuck at my current weight. I'm kind of in the same boat as Vicki concerning exercise, since I, too, have fibromyalgia and sometimes I'm just too tired and sore. I'm not entirely sure how do use this site, but if you can keep in touch please do. Thanks.

Courtney
  • Hi i have also had the sleeve 3 months ago on the 1november, i am still new to all of this so i am trying to count my calories with this all. i have lost 20kg already sooo...i am happy for now. but the weight has stopped coming off so maybe with calorie control i will learn to eat healthy again!

would love to hear from everyone :)
  • Hi guys, thanks to you all for responding. I have been having major issues with Heart burn and that is why my weight loss at 8 weeks is so dramatic. I have lost nearly 65 if you include what I had gone prior to surgery. With the Heart burn, and moving from meds to meds to get some relief, I have not been able to eat much at all. Im doing like 300 calories a day because it hurts to much that I don't bother. I started a new med 10 days ago and it is better but still a fair bit of discomfort but I have started to get in the 500 and up range most days for calories, and am finally starting to get my protein down. I have found a few things that work really well for me, unfortunatly it is things that I don't want to have as my major food groups, including cheese and ice tea. no idea why ice tea works but it does. I do love cheese but it's boring me to tears and it's gonna drive my cholesterol up too. Starting to feel a bit overwhelmed with the lack of choices I have but I know it is a learning curve and it will get better. Right now I cannot handle any carbs, bread, rice, potato, pasta...living on meat and olives, and cheese. Thankfully I can drink my coffee again now, which is evil I know but greatly missed it. Let me know how you all are, and hopefully we can help each other through this journey!
  • LexThaSongbyrd
    LexThaSongbyrd Posts: 63 Member
    I know my reply is extra late! LOL Just came across it. I had the sleeve in March 2012, down about 93lbs. I'll add you on here. My story is on my profile :) I wish you much success in your life long journey towards better health!
  • dreamsleever
    dreamsleever Posts: 1 Member
    add me, I was sleeved March 15, 2013