New Navy Gal in the MyFitnessPal Crew

Options
Hi everyone. I'm new. I've been in the Navy/Naval Reservefor 21 years. I am married, have two kids (13 and 3), work full time in civilian job, part time in Navy, go to school full time on my MBA, and have gained 15 pounds since I changed jobs in the middle of 2001.

My uniforms still fit, but barely. I want to get back into my uniforms (and look good) and my pre-baby clothes. I was looking for a calorie counter and found this site.

I've been doing some serious fast walking and running. I got a great pedometer a couple of months ago and after monitoring my daily average steps I've set (and maintained) my goal of 12000 steps per day. I need help, motivation, and a way to measure my success.

I want to have friends who understand what I am doing and why. Because I am not blatently overweight the ladies at work have no sympathy or understanding of why I'm not happy. They think it's just stress. Ironically, the stress is what is keeping the weight on.

I don't smoke, I don't drink. I'm addicted to candy.... aaauugghhh

Thanks for letting me vent. I look forward to meeting ya'll.

Sherry

Replies

• tamnel
    tamnel Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi There!

My name is Tammy and I feel alot like you do. People freak out when I tell them what I way since I guess I carry it well. I have never done a diet before but this seems so easy so far. I can still buy normal & don't have to spend extra money on different foods for me than the girls and all I have to do is make sure I eat well and swallow no more than 1200 cal's. I believe that stress can cause weight problems. I went into the Navy Reserve's in May 2001 and was getting geared up for Basic Training when my husband left. Needless to say, with two kids life was even harder and we were divorced by January 2002 and I had back surgery in February 2002. My weight was up and down for a long time. I know that nothing can break me and that I deserve to be happy and I tell myself that to make it easier to reach weight goals. I love to work out! Hang in there!
  • cathed42
    cathed42 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard!