Running my *kitten* off?

Options
I have 37 pounds to lose and I am a pear shape. All my weight is in my butt, hips and thighs and I am wondering what the benefits of interval training on the treadmill will be for that area. I walk 2 min at 4mph and run at 7mph for 30 minutes 5 times a week. My thighs have always been big but ever since my son was born 2 years ago they won't budge and have gotten a lot softer. I know I can't spot train but Im sure it will help a bit. Has anyone had good results by running/interval training on their lower body?

Replies

• 4alison4
    Options
    You will literally run your *kitten* off if you keep running. Truly. And it will happen faster, the faster you run! Good luck :)
  • LernRach
    LernRach Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I wanna know the answer to this too!!! I been interval training on treadmill for a while now and I have yt to see results...
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    You will literally run your *kitten* off if you keep running. Truly. And it will happen faster, the faster you run! Good luck :)

This!! ^^^^
  • Sycoholic
    Sycoholic Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    You will lose weight but it's impossible to target a specific area. Your body determines where it comes off. You can tone muscles in certain areas but you won't notice that until your body fat percentage drops. Intervals are great intensity for fat burn though. If you want to see results use a tape measure. After awhile you may notice them in the mirror, but you look at yourself everyday. Change is gradual so you're not going to notice it unless you tape measure or do photos.
  • islandbeauty81
    islandbeauty81 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You will lose weight but it's impossible to target a specific area. Your body determines where it comes off. You can tone muscles in certain areas but you won't notice that until your body fat percentage drops. Intervals are great intensity for fat burn though. If you want to see results use a tape measure. After awhile you may notice them in the mirror, but you look at yourself everyday. Change is gradual so you're not going to notice it unless you tape measure or do photos.

I agree with the tape measure and pfotos
  • I'm a pear shape too, but up till now I've lost a lot of boob but the but is pretty much still there (although more toned). I'm just warning you that you might lose more boob than butt! I don't mind anymore, I feel stronger and fitter and my clothes fit me much better. X
  • SpringFever19
    SpringFever19 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Run. Then squat. Then elliptical. Then squat. Then bike. Then squat.
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    People (especially women) need to learn that the best way to get lean is to stop running and start doing weight lifting. You aren't going to look like a bodybuilder by lifting weights unless you eat like one. If you want something you've never had before, you need to do something you've never done before. If you want great abs, lean thighs, small butt, big guns, broad shoulders etc, you need to do something new and different, whether that's a new diet, new program, new supplements or whatever.

Einstein's definition of insanity: ‘Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results’
  • spm2010
    spm2010 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Im definetly doing weights, 3 times a week but will start running. Im waiting for the day I can run with my hands on my thighs and have it not jiggle lol