Half or full marathon

Options
Hi, I am running my first half marathon in MAy and was hoping to do the Nike Womens marathon in October. I wasn't sure if I'd be ready to complete a full or if I should just register for another half. Any comments or suggestions would be great.

Replies

• taryn_perry
    taryn_perry Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I think you could always sign up for the full and if you feel as though you aren't ready, come the time, then switch to the 1/2. At least give you a firmer goal to work towards? What are you doing to train for the race?
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Agree with choose2befit... also the nike one is a lottery so you have to get in first... good luck!!!

~Leash :heart:
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    I think you can do the full! October is enough time that you should be able to train in a healthy way! I am doing one in october and its my first too.
  • nyy03
    nyy03 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Jeff Galloway's training method. It's pretty good. On my days off I'm doing Jillian Michaels '30 Day Shred'.
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I did my first half about four weeks before I did my first full. It worked in perfectly for my training. Go ahead and do the full!!!!

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • nyy03
    nyy03 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I'll go for the gold...oh wait that was Canada...:drinker: I'll try the full.