My weight changes by lbs during the day!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• watfordjc
    watfordjc Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself every day (and several times a day) for the first 4 weeks.

It wasn't a pointless exercise nor did it hurt me.

The aim was "how much does water weight vary my weight", "how much does food vary my weight", and "will the answers help me?"

The respective answers: 5-6 pounds, +/- 3 pounds, and...

The scales not moving for 3 weeks didn't bother me, nor did weekly losses of 5.5 and 7 pounds. I can even predict my weight loss/gain based on my deficit and food diary - 5 pounds this week is my expectation.
  • Tatiyanya
    Tatiyanya Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    You see, people say that weight loss is "Sacrifice (on diet), Sweat (excercise) and Tears (both combined :D). I guess "and regular pooping" wouldnt sound that good for motivational purposes. ;)

Weight yerself once a week really, if you want, after morning wee/poo for additional motivation. Dont weight yerself around period or stuff like that, its bad experience when your body has a tendency to hoard water for whatever reason.

Measuring tape> scales imho :3

Dehydration and god forbid, laxatives just to force the number of scale down is a bad bad thing and should never be done.

Lots of water and fiber and you dont have to worry bout /anything/.
  • AshleighPhilp1
    Options
    Food and water weigh things and you are putting those in your body during the day.
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    The fat faries come in the wee hours of the night and magically whisk the weight away.

Weight yourself once a week. Moving on.
    [/quote]

thanks, I needed a chuckle right now. Always wondered who I heard prowling around my bedroom when I was trying to sleep.
  • SaintBock
    Options
    You see, people say that weight loss is "Sacrifice (on diet), Sweat (excercise) and Tears (both combined :D). I guess "and regular pooping" wouldnt sound that good for motivational purposes. ;)

Weight yerself once a week really, if you want, after morning wee/poo for additional motivation. Dont weight yerself around period or stuff like that, its bad experience when your body has a tendency to hoard water for whatever reason.

Measuring tape> scales imho :3

Dehydration and god forbid, laxatives just to force the number of scale down is a bad bad thing and should never be done.

Lots of water and fiber and you dont have to worry bout /anything/.

I actually like my period! LOL!
    I actually weigh less when I'm getting it, whereas all my friends talk about bloating and gaining during their period.
    So... I sometimes just weigh myself when I'm on it to feel better. :P
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    - your weight will fluctuate - you put food in your body, you drink. these things have weight! and all of us women are lucky enough that our weight fluctuates with our hormones.

****STAFF NOTE: Post has been edited due to violations of guideline #01****
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Yep totally normal.

Now, for all those people who've told you to weight yourself o0nly once a week - I weight myself morning and night too. I go by the number in the morning, but the night time weigh-in reminds me that there WILL be those fluctuations and to not let it freak me out, and it also keep me mindful of what I'm eating in the evening and to stay away from calorie-dense snacks.