VITAMINS???

Are there any Vitamins that are good to take I am a 30 year Female...Thank you!!

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    If you're eating a nutritious diet you shouldn't need vitamins with the exception possibly of Vitamin D if you live in a cold climate.
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    I take a multivitamin with probiotics, fish oil, vitamin E, B6, B12 and D I think taking a multivitamin is pretty important if you know you aren't getting all of the nutrients you need from food. Lets be realistic, not everyone is getting the recommended amount everyday. Iherb.com is a great place to get any vitamin you need.
  • 1lexisva
    1lexisva Posts: 978 Member
    Thanks!! When I was pregnant I had low Vitamin D so my Doctor gave me a prescription but I don't take any vitamins right now
  • gaiagal3
    gaiagal3 Posts: 39 Member
    A good multi, some good omegas and vitamin d. Most people are low on d.
  • lwright311
    lwright311 Posts: 69 Member
    It is almost impossible to get all the vitamins and minerals you need from food. I take a one-a-day multivitamin for women and iron because I have always had anemia issues. I also take D3.
  • 1lexisva
    I don't eat as Healthy as I should that is why I want to take Vitamins plus we are trying to have a Baby in Aug :)
  • Nancy_hc
    Nancy_hc Posts: 123 Member
    I take those chewy calcium w/ Vitamin D supplements. I also take fish oil pills pretty regularly since my family has a history of high Cholesterol.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Go to a doctor. Get a physical and a blood test. They will let you know if you're deficient in anything.

Oh, just saw the bit about planning to have a baby. At the risk of stating the obvious, have you considered prenatal vitamins?
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    I take vitafusions! They are good, and it feels like I am having a bit of candy each day. Make sure you log whatever you take!
  • JWB42
    JWB42 Posts: 112
    If you're eating a nutritious diet you shouldn't need vitamins with the exception possibly of Vitamin D if you live in a cold climate.

THIS!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    I use centrum advanced. Even though I eat well I do notice a difference when taking these too. I also have 1000mcg vitamin C tablets. As soon as I'm feeling a bit run down sore throat etc I take a big dose and it usually gets rid of it. I've tried different ones and the Centrum has definitely been the best for me. X
  • Dreamerlove
    Dreamerlove Posts: 441 Member
    Im 24, I take fish, oil, and a multivitamin and biotin.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Over the counter prenatals. Some doctors believe all women of child bearing age should be taking them. However, I just take regular one because I'm not having any more babies (husband is fixed) and the prenatals make me sick.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    I don't eat as Healthy as I should
    Maybe work on this instead of
    that is why I want to take Vitamins
    especially since
    plus we are trying to have a Baby in Aug :)

And yes to prenatal vitamins.
  • Sycoholic
    Sycoholic Posts: 282 Member
    Any good multivitamin should do. Centrum, One-A-Day, etc. Gummy vitamins don't have the same content as a traditional vitamin does but if you can commit to them when you can't the others then it's a no brainer. You may want to start taking a prenatal vitamin if you're planning on getting pregnant.
  • 1lexisva
    Over the counter prenatals. Some doctors believe all women of child bearing age should be taking them. However, I just take regular one because I'm not having any more babies (husband is fixed) and the prenatals make me sick.

I took prenatals and they never made me sick..when I was pregnant I never got sick at all
  • DonaA123
    DonaA123 Posts: 337 Member
    bump
  • JessieTangerine
    JessieTangerine Posts: 91 Member
    If your looking to get pregnant this year, take folate.
  • 1lexisva
    What is Folate?
  • PDXContessa
    PDXContessa Posts: 49 Member
    Folic acid (also known as folate, vitamin M, vitamin B9 (according to Wikipedia). You're supposed to take it if you're of child bearing age because if you're low on folate, your baby is more prone to neural tube defects like spina bifida.

The risk of neural tube defects is significantly reduced when supplemental folic acid is consumed in addition to a healthy diet before conception and during the first month after conception.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folic_acid#Pregnancy