New and looking for friends and encouragement

Options
I just joined last Monday. Have done good so far. I have about 105 pounds to lose to where I will be comfortable...anything I can do beyond that would be great but not a must. I have been overweight all my adult life but was still in good health. Now I am having knee and foot problems, can barely get around some days and feel twice my age at times. I don't want to live the rest of my life like this. I have tried and failed at weight loss before but am determined to do this! Will appreciate any and all help/encouragement!

Replies

• epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! You have definetly come to the right place!!!! Here are my three best pieces of advice for you......

1. Have the sight help you set up your calorie intake and follow what it says for calories (including eating back those you earn from exercise).
    2. Set up mini goals within your big end goal. In my case I have set for myself that for every twenty pounds I lose I treat myself to something I wouldn't normally eat on a regular basis - the next twenty is Cadbury Eggs!!! This works two fold in that the smaller goals don't seem so far away on days that you are tempted to stray and it keeps you from obsessing about things that you think you should give up.
    3. Add some friends on here (you are welcome to add me if you want) so that you have some moral support for your journey. It is so neat when someone sees a post that you lost a pound and they cheer you on. They can also be there if you have bad day and need someone to vent to.
  • mudgemoe
    mudgemoe Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP - Ladybug! You'll find lots of encouragement here. I just joined in Jan and already lost 10 LBS. Just take it a day at a time and don't let any setbacks get you down. I was felling pretty crappy after eating out shortly after joining - but the encouragement I got from this site got me through it!! Looking forward to hearing from you as you make this journey:happy:
  • mudgemoe
    Options
    I like your number 2 - Cadbury Eggs are my FAVORITE! Maybe if I can lose those 7 LBS by the end of March - I'll treat myself to one on Easter:happy:
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Hello... yes, this is a great site! Remember to drink your 64 oz of water and honestly log all your foods and drinks daily. Good luck on your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • mudgemoe
    Options
    Hello... yes, this is a great site! Remember to drink your 64 oz of water and honestly log all your foods and drinks daily. Good luck on your journey! :flowerforyou:

Betty
    I have seen your posts on other topics - you are an inspiration - thanks for all your good words and encouragement!!
  • 1lucky3
    Options
    I am enjoying the site alot as well. Water, fruits and raw veggies are a must for me. You can succeed ..........
  • Questfor250
    Options
    You will find the people on this site very welcoming. Welcome and good luck.

Mike
    Questfor250
  • Willow_28
    Options
    Hi and welcome... hope you succeed in all your goals... feel free to add me as a friend if you like ;)
    Keep smiling...
    Willow
  • Ancksunamun
    Options
    Hi there,
    I too need encouragment. I have 63 #'s to lose. My problem is what food am I going to eat and what program to follow. Are you on a specific program or just doing it on your own?
  • Tamie_Girl
    Tamie_Girl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

Please feel free to add me as a friend as I am a newbie here too.

~Tammy

Baltimore, MD

I want to lose at least 50 pounds, maybe as much as 75.
  • texasgirl2009
    Options
    I have been with this site for a while but I really have no friends to help motivate me to lose.
    so please add me thank jen
  • kltobin2010
    kltobin2010 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    The fact that you joined in Feb and have already lost 11 lbs is amazing! Keep up the good work and remember, each pound counts! :happy:
  • yogigirl720
    Options
    Hi everyone. I just joined and am looking for a support group. I am 26 yrs old and a newlywed that has a husband that lives about 3 hrs away in law school. I want to get healthy by the time he is done and we are officially ready to start our lives together.
    good luck everyone :flowerforyou:
  • Resalyn
    Resalyn Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Hi there everyone! Welcome to MFP! I have been a member for quite a while, it's a wonderful site! I have been away from it for about six months, but now I'm BACK. Best of luck to all of you....